Home

Why is my offense so stupid?

This is a discussion on Why is my offense so stupid? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #9
Rookie

jwired21's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why is my offense so stupid?

those videos looked perfect to me. In the NFL or any league as the QB you have under 2 seconds to figure out where you are throwing the ball or its time to run like hell. And to finally see a high pass go over the tight ends head....love it!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

I love how the tackles side step at the snap!!! Christ that is so ugly. Tiburon please watch football
Old 08-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwired21
those videos looked perfect to me. In the NFL or any league as the QB you have under 2 seconds to figure out where you are throwing the ball or its time to run like hell. And to finally see a high pass go over the tight ends head....love it!
Heck yeah, I love how the RT in the second clip moves out of the way to block a gust of wind instead of the passrusher. So realistic!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #12
Rookie

tackels have to side step inside our out its part of football actually tackles should step inside and back at 45 to form a pocket i dont know if they have the defender engageing the offensive player our the offensive players engaging the defenders on a run oline men should step and engage on a pass the guards should step in and brace the tackels should step in and back and to a 45 line men are suposed to pick up all pressure from line men first then line backers if they come to them like a zone run all others should be picked up by a runningback yet everyone messes up sometimes even pros
Old 08-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

Clearly the offensive line logic is flawed there. His Right Tackle side stepped outside to guard a linebacker that was dropping back in a zone and allowed a DE to come free.

That was without a doubt a bug in the logic. At no point is that conceivable.

The other ones were less egregious, although still flawed. The User however did little to help his offensive line.

I question if the logic got screwed up by bad o-line calls at the snap, or if the game just f'd that up.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganone
Heck yeah, I love how the RT in the second clip moves out of the way to block a gust of wind instead of the passrusher. So realistic!
the second vid the tackle steped away from the runner i have no idea what linemen should do if a running back running through the line becuase yousally if a runningback goes through the line and sees a line backer he should emediatley block in most offenses

i know this becuase the other side does it to just get back in time to block
Old 08-12-2008, 12:19 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgameover
the second vid the tackle steped away from the runner i have no idea what linemen should do if a running back running through the line becuase yousally if a runningback goes through the line and sees a line backer he should emediatley block in most offenses

i know this becuase the other side does it to just get back in time to block
Watch the video again. With how far the RT went out, it looks like he was blocking the zone linebacker, until he realized he wasn't coming.

He lines up parallel to the linebacker before coming back in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

EA has installed slide protect and while doing so the OL got a little dumb. You must use slide protect to stop this. Pinch your guys (LT + down on the left stick = 360 or R2 + ditto = PS3) to the inside. Just one more adjustment you must make before the snap.

Post vids after using slide protect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »