Home

Lowest Madden Pre Orders to date...

This is a discussion on Lowest Madden Pre Orders to date... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: Lowest Madden Pre Orders to date...

That is the only thing they (EA) will understand...although they might interpret that data differently and take the game FURTHER in some direction we'd rather it not go in (make it MORE newbie friendly and LESS sim)...Big companies have a way of misreading the same data, and it's a virtual guarantee that they won't come back with a much more simulation-leaning game if sales do indeed fail to meet expectations.

But frankly, I don't buy it. When the numbers come out in a month, it will be another 14 zillion copies sold for Madden, as it is every year. The game is immune to reviews, criticism, or common sense. It just is what it is.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:48 AM   #10
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
That is the only thing they (EA) will understand...although they might interpret that data differently and take the game FURTHER in some direction we'd rather it not go in (make it MORE newbie friendly and LESS sim)...Big companies have a way of misreading the same data, and it's a virtual guarantee that they won't come back with a much more simulation-leaning game if sales do indeed fail to meet expectations.

But frankly, I don't buy it. When the numbers come out in a month, it will be another 14 zillion copies sold for Madden, as it is every year. The game is immune to reviews, criticism, or common sense. It just is what it is.
That's true. They may think its not kid friendly enough anymore. Hopefully they will figure out it is gameplay and lack of a true NFL presentation. Besides gameplay, the presentation of Madden just isn't up to par anymore. NFL 2k5 still has it beat for that feeling of excitement you get on a real Sunday (or Monday or Thursday .
Old 08-12-2008, 12:54 AM   #11
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

I once thought as some in here do. But then I realized that with a war going on. Me working making a salary, Gas prices, politics, who to vote for really superceeding trying to be one ant on a mountain with not buying a game.

I realized that putting effort into showing a company that does not know my name, will not give up the exclusive and pretty much makes money is too big for me to drop what I mentioned above which takes importance. While some may think that them not buying or renting makes a dent. Which by all means I support and I'm not dogging.

But i'm the one to always spoil a party and say like I have said on 2k forums, EA Forums all around. Business is business fellas. Customers are customers. If you don't feel like buying the game? fine that is your choice. But it would not be something I would focus on. Things are what they are, I'm not making myself miserable. When 2k acclaim and other companies did not go after it harder as well as with EA with a little touch here and there.

Long story short, Life is too short to try and carry a agenda over three piece suits buying up stuff who don't even know my name.
While some may carry on with that? I will be playing a game that I never set my standards high for.

but as I say again..I respect those who hold out and continue a branch of the smart consumer. But as well with a smart consumer.. To live and let live is the next chapter.

And as well...Uploading pictures for the two good members here as well tommorow.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 12:59 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
That's true. They may think its not kid friendly enough anymore. Hopefully they will figure out it is gameplay and lack of a true NFL presentation. Besides gameplay, the presentation of Madden just isn't up to par anymore. NFL 2k5 still has it beat for that feeling of excitement you get on a real Sunday (or Monday or Thursday .
Yeah, I feel sorta lame admitting it, but I used to actually look forward to the week-end re-caps with highlights of all the games from around the league that Chris Berman used to do on NFL2K5. It actually looked like Sportscenter or NFL Live, and I looked forward to watching my own highlights at halftime and the end of the game. I never once skipped over a highlight package in that game...
Old 08-12-2008, 12:59 AM   #13
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

The biggest thing I hear coming from the devs is that they tried to get what improvements they could in the game but their time is very limited. I have no doubt the current crew can do great things but there are only so many hours in the day and if you want any quality to your life it can't all be spent at work - no matter how much you love your job.

I don't understand why EA doesn't switch up their pigskin games so they come out every other year. NCAA one year and Madden the next. Keep two separate dev teams, maybe make them a little smaller, but let them put two years into each game.

There is no competition so it is not like someone is going to walk off with the audience. It would make the release that much bigger as well. As it is now I think even the most casual gamers know Madden is little more than a roster update and fluff features.

They could also make a little extra off a larger DLC roster update during the off years.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:09 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

well i dont know about san jose...but around here in jersey and new york...the lines went around the block

my local gamestop had 1000 pre orders which is a lot for a game

the gamecrazy manager told me he had 600 pre oders which i dont know how that could be since they dont get that many copies

but remember that every year there are less pre orders and more mom and pop stores selling early

i had the game since last thursday and there were like 400 peole on line already

who the hell pre orders anyway
Old 08-12-2008, 01:09 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3

Um, Madden isn't going anywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 01:10 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

The funny and sad thing is that madden next gen became the NBA LIVE of football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »