Home

GameSpot's own review is up

This is a discussion on GameSpot's own review is up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 01:44 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: GameSpot's own review is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardofspock
Beat that dead horse!
For a real review, check out the OS goods.
If they are putting it into the game year in and year out, the horse is not dead. Its very much alive. What i like about the review is that it was trying to be honest. Usually gaming sites are scared to 8.0 a video game from a major developer like that. Kudos for them for doing it.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #10
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
If they are putting it into the game year in and year out, the horse is not dead. Its very much alive. What i like about the review is that it was trying to be honest. Usually gaming sites are scared to 8.0 a video game from a major developer like that. Kudos for them for doing it.
They put it into the game every year because people buy the game anyways. The franchise mode in Madden sucks. I'm glad Head Coach is getting such good write ups. That game seems to be where it's at for franchise.

This is the first year I haven't bought Madden right away. I was so pissed after last year and years past that I swore off of it. And from the early reports it seems the same...it's improved but there are still glaring bugs(and as I said the franchise mode still sucks it seems). I was so excited after reading about Head Coach that I nearly bit on the CE just to get it, however I'll wait until September to get Head Coach when it comes out on its own. The jury is still out for me on Madden. Once all the release day hoopla dies down we'll start to see how the game really stacks up.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:58 AM   #11
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Reviews are not about how good the game is. If a major gaming site like GS reviews games base off of good and bad then they're misleading people. The idea of review is to show you improvements from last years game. Obviously they didn't see 09 fit for improvements. Why did GTA4 and Metal Gear get 10's? Because they've improved from their previous titles.

That's how reviews work. No *** kissers here folks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 02:09 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Sorry, but you are completely wrong.

I can't think of a single review site that deviates from the industry-standard practice of rating new releases from established game series in a completely independent manner.

In other words, scores from older entries in the series have zero affect on the score of a new release in that series.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:14 AM   #13
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

It's not GS job to make you buy the game. They're reviews are there to give you an in depth look at the game and what's changed or improved. Haven't you noticed when they throw in sentences like "if your a madden freak then this title is for you." "If you've never played football then you might want to look elswhere." They don't tell madden fans that this game is not for them. They simply give you the good and bad and let you judge on your own. There is still some @ss munchers out there that like to give good ratings but that's just because the game company paid them for it. I also find it funny that user ratings are always low compared to GS or other game review sites. It just goes to show that the user is always right.

8.0? I'd say GS nailed it perfectly this year.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:17 AM   #14
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
"unstoppable QB sneaks"...that's not the first time I've heard this...game killer in my book...
Old 08-12-2008, 02:20 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 19

Mediocre reviews can do nothing but serve as a wake up call for the developers and help this franchise get better. If competition isn't going to give this game a kick in the butt, poor sales and reviews are the only weapons we as gamers have to get the series on track.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 02:46 AM   #16
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, they nailed it. they gave an honest review and told folks everything that was good and bad about the game. sad part is its not gonna change anything. as long a most people are still buying the game just to cheese around online then they are gonna continue to ignore franchise and superstar modes where these gameplay flaws really matter....to me anyway. I could care less if there is online leagues or online franchises i only to connect my ps3 to the internet for roster updates and patches, so all of that crap means nothing to me. give me a superb franchise mode and im a happy camper and will gladly give my 60 bucks and i know im not the only person that feels that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »