Home

Madden NFL 09 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 18
Haven't bought it, and probably won't for the first time in years. The thing I see off the bat on the review is positives for Collinsworth. In reality, he is incredibly annoying, and personally, I mute the TV anytime he talks. And in video game form, it's WORSE than the real thing. I know many will be glad not to have Madden's redundancy, but if I get this Madden, I certainly will mute the announcers.

I've only played it a few times with friends, and personally, I found the gameplay a bit lackluster. And playing my friends 360 version (I'm a PS2 guy) Franchise mode seems to be VERY scaled down and disappointing. They should improve this instead of giving us a completely useless feature like I believe "Madden IQ" is

Overall, I imagine if I got it I'd play it. But Madden in my opinion hasn't been getting better for a few years, which is why I haven't, and likely won't get it. Shiny graphics doesn't sell me. Head Coach definitely seems better in my opinion.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 2
Hmm. And all this time I thought the reason they didn't use Madden in the game anymore was because Madden now works for NBC (and thus would be awkward in an ESPN-licensed game).

I may rent Madden just to see if it's finally worth it after all this time. My hopes aren't up, but the only way to truly know is to play it. I got All-Pro for 10 bucks and while the gameplay itself is nice, I can't have a decent strategy in games when I don't know who the hell is on the other team (I'm an 80's dude, if your era was pre-Montana you draw a blank, I'm sorry). Can't afford the wireless adapter and Xbox live yet, so no online play for now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »