Home

Thanks for DUMBING down Madden 09

This is a discussion on Thanks for DUMBING down Madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #9
Cy Young?

windseer90's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Thanks for DUMBING down Madden 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich
Granted I have only had the game since midnight and have thus only logged a few hours, but someone tell me whats improved in this version?
Um... the gameplay? The gameplay is much better than its been in recent years.

(603): not only are you not the girl i fell in love with, but from the looks of it, you ate her
Old 08-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 14

Who the hell is it a shame for? If you don't like the game, then go back and play 2k5 and its "perfection." If you can take it for what it is, which is a good game, not perfect, but good and fun game, then enjoy it. If you can't enjoy it without the sliders, then play 2k5.

These forums have been going on and on about the slider thing for at least a week, if not longer. And you just now found out? What did you think was going to happen, all of these people were just lying about it and you'd get it home and find football perfection and all these issues you brought up wouldn't exist after so many other people have talked about them here?

Logical argument...right. "I feel like I am playing Madden 06 again. I wanted to like this game but damn if EA is not making the game as simple as possible in hopes that even 9 year old girls will buy it... talk about greedy." Sorry, I played Madden 06 and this is far, far superior.
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...

Last edited by therockstar2005; 08-12-2008 at 04:59 PM. Reason: forgot to put quotes in
Old 08-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by windseer90
I actually thought most people hated customizing sliders because you could never find the perfect set? You'd end up wasting more time working on sliders than playing the game. And I'm left-handed and don't see a problem with controls. Also, this is far from an EA fanboy forum... you should've seen this place last year with Madden 08.
That really doesn't make sense since you don't even have to use the sliders if you don't want to and EA sets the game at a certain playability whether there are sliders or not. The difference now there is no way to change some aspects of what EA thinks the majority of gamers prefer. And as we know the Majority doesn't match up with a lot of people on these forums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Whats with all the disrespectful and immature responses. They are worthless, he actually has a valid point. Why are people allowed to spam certain topics.
The reason these are coming out is because we have known about these issues for a while now, and various people have been constructing threads like this one calling for shame on EA for doing this and complaining about the game. Sorry, but I'm on a bit of a short fuse today because I'm tired of reading this stuff not even 24 hours after the game has launched, especially when everyone knew about what he's complaining about.

We know about the sliders, and all the other issues, too, and have for some time now. There's no reason to present this "argument" about how EA is dumbing down the game for 9-year-old girls.
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...
Old 08-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich
LOL forgot that I stepped into EA Fanboi Forum #1451.

No one can make a logical argument for either the missing custom sliders or the lack of button config...how does this removal HELP the game? It does make it more complicated which is not what EA wants...they want it to be an arcade game and not a sim...shame.
No, no....it's not the fans. You're just a complete moron. Thanks for the entertainment, you've been wonderful.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #14
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I think the game is way more advanced if you ask me.....I'm actually using some brain power playing against the cpu. I haven't felt that in years. Playing with My skill I was getting my butt handed to me by the Giants. I can't say that they dumbed it down. People will complain.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #15
Banned

DannyMac910's Arena

OVR: 10

Everyone's just mad because he's right. Have fun playing a girls game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #16
Cy Young?

windseer90's Arena

OVR: 29

Way to back up your argument.

(603): not only are you not the girl i fell in love with, but from the looks of it, you ate her
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »