Home

360 vs PS3 version Retail version Head to Head Impressions

This is a discussion on 360 vs PS3 version Retail version Head to Head Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #17
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 360 vs PS3 version Retail version Head to Head Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee
Huh? Silver members can download all the same things gold members can. The only difference is Gold members can play multi player games.
Yeah, but Madden (and all EA sports games, I believe) requires you to go to the team select screen in an online game to get the roster update...meaning you'd need a gold membership to get the rosters.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #18
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing

Excellent job. One of the most fair and unbiased reviews concerning which version to get, I have seen in a long time.

I'm not surprised the 360 is better, but at least it's not night and day like last year.
Thanks. I definitely didn't want this thread to become a bunch of fanboys arguing which system is better, but just wanted to give my opinion on which version is better, and wanted to hear other peoples informed opinions. We should stay on track and talk about the actual game and not the systems.

The versions are sooooo close this year if you only have one system or already bought it for one of your systems, you don't need to feel slighted (like last year with the frame rate).
Old 08-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #19
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Yeah, but Madden (and all EA sports games, I believe) requires you to go to the team select screen in an online game to get the roster update...meaning you'd need a gold membership to get the rosters.
Really, in the grand scheme of things the cost of Xbox Live isn't bad at all. Free is always better if services are the same. I don't have enough experience with either service to say.

I am pretty sure that you have to have Gold to get roster updates (it was like that last year I believe). You don't have to have Gold to get patches. I am not sure about the future downloadable content, but I am guessing you don't have to have Gold.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #20
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
same here.
Yes, it does play great. The controller response is great too.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #21
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I have both systems.
Bought the ps3 version (may buy the 360 later this week).
Frankly, I don't see any problems with it other than the online lobby freezing ... but a lot of ps3 players are getting it, so I hope it's patched.
Honestly, you have no need to buy the 360 version if you already have the PS3 version. It would just be a waste of your money. Unless it is for another room where you have your 360 hooked up (I have done that before) or some other good reason besides the quality of the versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #22
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
LOL Who told you the ps3 was the lead platform this year? Thats stupid..no offense to you personally but think about it >>> The Madden Engine was developed "FIRST" for 360.. that means its always gonna be a xbox 360 developed engine and ported to the ps3 each and every year this generation...UNLESS they decide to make a brand new engine..which they wont, EA always rides its same engine all the way through the entire generation of consoles and just do its yearly tweaks to that same engine.....besides, the xbox 360 has almost twice as many systems sold to consumers in the USA compared to PS3 so the xbox 360 will always be the lead platform until things change as far as which system has more units out there in gamers living rooms...things are alot diffrent this gen then last gen, my friend.
Yes, I read it was ported over to the PS3 which would make sense since it was originally on the Xbox 360. Would be nice if they made a separate Madden on the PS3. The PS3 has a lot of potential with Blu-ray and all. But, EA will probably never devote a separate team to do Madden just on the PS3.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #23
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac910
All in all, it's all horrible.
Honestly, it seems pretty good to me so far, but I haven't played enough to say for sure. It is definitely better than 08. I like the added presentations and Chris Collinsworth in the booth. I like seeing the stat overlays as well. The graphics are really good this year in my opinion.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #24
Rookie

SportsNUT's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
LOL Who told you the ps3 was the lead platform this year? Thats stupid..no offense to you personally but think about it >>> The Madden Engine was developed "FIRST" for 360.. that means its always gonna be a xbox 360 developed engine and ported to the ps3 each and every year this generation...UNLESS they decide to make a brand new engine..which they wont, EA always rides its same engine all the way through the entire generation of consoles and just do its yearly tweaks to that same engine.....besides, the xbox 360 has almost twice as many systems sold to consumers in the USA compared to PS3 so the xbox 360 will always be the lead platform until things change as far as which system has more units out there in gamers living rooms...things are alot diffrent this gen then last gen, my friend.
John Riccitiello CEO of EA stated last year at E3 that the PS3 would be the lead development platform for Madden 09 and above. I just saw another article about it earlier today where the same thing was stated. Doesn't matter both versions are great. Before calling someone out, however, make sure you have all the facts.

Nut

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »