Home

Is this madden IQ thing working for you folks?

This is a discussion on Is this madden IQ thing working for you folks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #25
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Is this madden IQ thing working for you folks?

I think the test isn't representative of how we'll actually be playing in a game...I don't hit different buttons to tackle, you know? It's way too contrived, and just comes up with a high IQ number for me. I coulda told you that...

We'll see if it works, I just think the implementation of the tests is the dumbest thing ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8

It's working good for me. My IQ is around 680. I think I'll stick with this adaptive A.I since I'm getting good results. Loving this game so far.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #27
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah I scored at 584 in the IQ test and I immediately jumped in a game against the Giants using "My Skill"....well I couldn't get nothing going. I couldn't run or pass. I threw 4 picks and got sacked a ton of times. I don't think the IQ test is representative of your in game skills. Like the guy said in the OS Madden review, an 8 year old can get All Madden ratings in the test and fail miserably on All pro....
Old 08-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #28
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
I just held Willie Parker to 23 yards on 20 carries, and my Madden IQ for run defense is still "rookie". This makes no sense!
When you are rookie, it means that you aren't very good at that particular area. The computer conpensates by making you better at it thus the stats you are seeing. However, in your case it seems it went too far in that direction.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #29
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

The IQ works fine, just don't use the Virtual Test. You want to start at 50 even and play a few exhibition games. It'll change after your 10th game where you can actually start a franchise.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

I can't run to save my life. My madden IQ is adjusting, and that's a good thing. I just have to keep playing enough crappy games until it adjusts and I can run.

I'm hoping after 10 it will be ok.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #31
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

I have only played two games so far in Play now mode, 5 min quarters. It has made adjustments after both games so that is good, I'm still skeptical but I am willing to give it a fair shot (at least 20 games).

One thing I will say though is that neither I nor the cpu have much offense at all. Both games I and the cpu were held under 100 yard each. The other thing is that the cpu hasn't scored on me yet in my two games. I have won 10-0 (ARZ over Denver) and 17-0 (Mia over TB). Miami should not be dominating TB like that. I will see how the Madden IQ adjustments do in upcoming games. All of my TD's have come off of interception returns.

We shall see though, as I said it's only two games so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #32
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

I should also add that both I and the cpu have been averaging under 2 yards per carry. Hopefully that improves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »