Home

***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: ***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I'm not sure about FGs. I've been playing halves of games, trying out supersim, and trying to figure out the details of franchise mode. I haven't seen one missed yet, but I haven't seen any long ones I thought should have been off either.
I have yet to test to see if the CPU FG % slider bug is fixed in 09 on Xbox1. I am not gunna test it for a while just seeing if they miss any on 50%.

The one thing I like about NCAA 08 better is that on All-Madden (compared to Heisman on NCAA 08) you cannot block FG's as easily as you can on NCAA 08 for Xbox1.

In Madden 09, the CPU kicker kicks it real fast before you can get any penetration.

Also the formation is different in madden also.

Also in NCAA 08, the hash marks make FG's much harder. You have to angle a lot more kicks in college at harder angles.

In Madden, most FG's are pretty straight away. However if you get close to the goal line, the angle will require more adjustment, but not nearly as much as what you see in NCAA 08.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #58
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: ***Official Madden 09 (Wii) Impressions Thread***

this may be asking a bit much but does anyone know where I can find a list of which motion controls are tied into the on field action after u turn all-play mode off. For example, On defense for the hit stick do you thrust both arms forward? For catching the ball do you put both arms in the air? Even if you cant find a list of this, if you could just answer those two questions I'll be happy. I need to know these things because NCAA 09 for wii was a bummer to me even after I turned the all-play off because they dumbed down the motion controls. If the controls are still like Madden 07 was, I want to buy this game. Thanx for the help.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubit
Does the wii version have cpu sliders? That might be enough of a reason for a lot of people to get it.

Yup. They arent numerical though, you have to move the bar in intervals. At least they dont move a micro inch per click, thank god.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Yup. They arent numerical though, you have to move the bar in intervals. At least they dont move a micro inch per click, thank god.
Cool. Thats good to know. I like the 360 version, but All-Play is sounding different enough and last-gen enough that I might have to pick it up.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have not purchased a Madden game since college (1990)... so it has been at least 18 years.

I liked Joe Montana Sports Talk, GameDay, and NFL2K over Madden look and feel...

I tried Madden over the years because buddies bought it... but I never liked it...

I have an itch to pick it up... just to play an occassional games with buddies. I am not good at NFL games, I understand the game... just cannot execute.

So... will I like this game? I have X-Box 360 and PS3... but would get it for my achievements on X-Box 360.

I will let you know what I think of the game soon... coming from a long time Madden NON-FAN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 4

Oh, I forgot. Is player progression any different in the Wii version? I know on the 360 version it is pretty much non-existent.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
I gave my two reasons for MAYBE getting 09.

1) Vision cone optional for hum/cpu on all levels (which is pretty big for me)

2) QB evade (which I've always wanted in madden ever since 2k5 had it)
That it come on man there have to be more. QB evade thing is BS. I bet you that thing too effective. i bet you it will be overdone like watching a QB like rex grossman easily evade peppers.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
On the Xbox1 version, when stepping out of bounds, then pressing hurry up offense (Y) the referee immediately puts the ball in play.

In NCAA 08, when stepping out of bounds then doing hurry up offense, the referee still has to wait for the linesman to toss him the ball.

You are so right i dont know why the hell refs in ncaa takes so freaking long to spot the ball man wtf. I mean it really suck u have to burn a time out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »