Home

***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: ***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions***

I've gotten 3 games in of the PSP version and I dig it so far...but I do have a question.

Has anyone seen a fumble?

I have seen zero, my brother has played a couple games and has seen zero. The last game I started to exclusively use the L-trigger to strip, and still, no fumbles.

Anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #66
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: ***Official Madden 09 (Wii) Impressions Thread***

The controls are pretty similar to 07. Main difference is they flipped some controls between the B and Z buttons (sprint and jukes). Everything else pretty much stayed the same.

As for how to figure out how to do controls, just look in the Tutorials menu during the game, or under Options: Controls at the main screen. There's a ton there.

Go Badgers!
Old 08-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #67
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
The controls are pretty similar to 07. Main difference is they flipped some controls between the B and Z buttons (sprint and jukes). Everything else pretty much stayed the same.

As for how to figure out how to do controls, just look in the Tutorials menu during the game, or under Options: Controls at the main screen. There's a ton there.
So to catch the ball, do you still put both hands in the air or just one. NCAA was just one arm in the air, and it was just dumb to me. And hit stick was just thrusting one arm forward. It should be two arms. Can you check this out for me and let me know.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #68
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

So far I like it, it feels SO good to be able to play on the all-madden level with out the vision cone. Now that the vision cone is gone, when I put the camera view on classic it feels like I'm playing madden 05 (which is a good thing) with all the decked out features of 09.

The QB avoidance feels just like it did in NCAA 08. The graphics are SLIGHTLY better, and the menus on the ps2 load much better than last year. The game feels a little better tuned than last year too.

All and all not a whole lot is new but I knew that before I bought it. But I'm happier with my purchase this year than I was last year just simply because I dont have to use the cone anymore.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ok, I just got done demoing the franchise mode in all - play, and I am pleased overall. Its got a much more last-gen feel to it, but I think thats a good thing. Player progression is ok, and a lot better than it is on the next gen platforms. Sim records are pretty in line too. I like.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #70
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

Catching:

Active catch: throw both hands in the air
Passive catch: bring both hands into your body

Hit stick:

Swing the Wiimote any direction

Go Badgers!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Sony PSP version impressions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I'm wondering which is better, too, between '07 and '08 as I'm looking to pick one up for my PSP.
I just picked up 07 last night and of the three games 08 is my favorite. The 07 game has player polygons that are more detailed and has a little extra flash at the menu screens where it shows the players on your team, but it gets grainy and appears dithered when you are at a zoomed out view. 09 plays like nfl blitz and lacks features that are present in the 08 franchise mode. Overall, 08 is the best at simulating the gameplay and feel of an actual NFL football game. It is also interesting to note that the size of the games decrease with each later version...Further prof of the ripped out features like ingame replays, accelerated clock, drive summaries, etc, that are absent in the 09 version. I really wanted to like the 09 version but after trying each game going back and forth over the past two days make it evident that 08 is the most complete version of football on the PSP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
So far I like it, it feels SO good to be able to play on the all-madden level with out the vision cone. Now that the vision cone is gone, when I put the camera view on classic it feels like I'm playing madden 05 (which is a good thing) with all the decked out features of 09.

The QB avoidance feels just like it did in NCAA 08. The graphics are SLIGHTLY better, and the menus on the ps2 load much better than last year. The game feels a little better tuned than last year too.

All and all not a whole lot is new but I knew that before I bought it. But I'm happier with my purchase this year than I was last year just simply because I dont have to use the cone anymore.
Do you have the PS2 version or the Xbox1 version?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »