Home

Cpu vs Cpu Players!

This is a discussion on Cpu vs Cpu Players! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Cpu vs Cpu Players!

To all my cpu vs cpu brothers, I have found a work around from not having cpu sliders.

1. use two profiles( your normal one and create a cpu profile)
2. skip the madden IQ test and use the custom setting slidders to tweak the cpu vs cpu preformance.
3.start a game controlling both teams, then right before kick off switch both controllers to the spectate postion ( ie in the middle of the screen)

And there you have it, custom slidders work as cpu slidders as long as you control both teams at the start of a game.

As all us cpu guys have found out by now, when not using the above listed method the cpu running game is terrible. So as prove my method works I suggest the only tweek you use to test the gameplay to start are the slidders that give the running game a heavy advantage( off run blk maxed to 100, and run defense slidders all set to 0)

I am one of the few people who recieved madden 09 a week in advance and I have seen great success when using this method. The only problem I have now is tweaking all the other slidders for complete realistic game stats. So I look forward to some feed back and you guys trying this method out, this should help us enjoy the game more until EA releases a patch with cpu slidders!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Cpu vs Cpu Players!

Great find Bigwill...will give this a go once I get my game here in the UK....it's interesting that you say this as when Ian posted the stats from a cpu v cpu game they were decent stats...but he did say he started the game controlling one of the teams, then he let the cpu take over....sounds like you're onto something here my fellow brother of cpu v cpu....
Old 08-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Good find. I love it. Do you have some early sliders you are using?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Anyone tried this? If so, have you any stats examples that you can share please?
Old 08-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
Rookie

I haven't done it yet, because I still only have 1 controller, but I was looking to buy a 2nd one, and if this is true, this would certainly expediate that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 02:48 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill
To all my cpu vs cpu brothers, I have found a work around from not having cpu sliders.

1. use two profiles( your normal one and create a cpu profile)
2. skip the madden IQ test and use the custom setting slidders to tweak the cpu vs cpu preformance.
3.start a game controlling both teams, then right before kick off switch both controllers to the spectate postion ( ie in the middle of the screen)

And there you have it, custom slidders work as cpu slidders as long as you control both teams at the start of a game.

As all us cpu guys have found out by now, when not using the above listed method the cpu running game is terrible. So as prove my method works I suggest the only tweek you use to test the gameplay to start are the slidders that give the running game a heavy advantage( off run blk maxed to 100, and run defense slidders all set to 0)

I am one of the few people who recieved madden 09 a week in advance and I have seen great success when using this method. The only problem I have now is tweaking all the other slidders for complete realistic game stats. So I look forward to some feed back and you guys trying this method out, this should help us enjoy the game more until EA releases a patch with cpu slidders!
Sorry if this is dumb but how do you create a second profile? When i use controller 2 it will say user2 and i can change the sliders and use those but i cannot save user2 to the HD. I also didn't see a spot to create one. thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:18 AM   #7
Rookie

hold down the the xbox icon on the second remote for about 2 seconds, then you should see an option for create a new profile from the side bar that pops on the screen.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill
I am one of the few people who recieved madden 09 a week in advance and I have seen great success when using this method.
what, you got madden a week early and spent all this effort to watch CPU v CPU games?!?!?!

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »