Home

The little things...

This is a discussion on The little things... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: The little things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
hahahahaha..that's been in the 2k series for a while...i barely played madden 08 so i don't know if it was in last year's game...but yeah that's what they say...
Yeah, last gen Madden had it for years. That's where I first heard it. Then I watched a Broncos game in Denver on TV and heard it and thought, "What the **** is that?!?!"

LOL, thanks for FINALLY clearing that up for me.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Playing against the Chargers as the Patriots, Merrimen sacked me and did his stupid Lights Out dance, lol.

Didn't like getting sacked but it was awesome to see player specific dances.

Also playing against the Eagles, the Eagles scored a TD. Forgot who it was but he celebrated by flapping his arms like a bird. Next time I score I hit "B" to "steal" the opposing teams celebrations, and my guy flaps his arms. Hilarious.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by takerbob614
Playing against the Chargers as the Patriots, Merrimen sacked me and did his stupid Lights Out dance, lol.

Didn't like getting sacked but it was awesome to see player specific dances.

Also playing against the Eagles, the Eagles scored a TD. Forgot who it was but he celebrated by flapping his arms like a bird. Next time I score I hit "B" to "steal" the opposing teams celebrations, and my guy flaps his arms. Hilarious.
You can do that? I had no idea you could steal the opposing team's cheer? WOW! How do the celebrations work exactly? I have only been able to do that one with AP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #12
Rookie

One little thing is how the players keep playing after the whistle, for example a wr gets creamed and cant hold onto the ball a defensive player will come pick up the ball and try and act like its a fumble

the celebrations are hilarious and awesome too, I was wondering though, B steals opponents, and like Y does something else but are there player specific celebrations (for example, Randy Moss's separation or Lts little flip off the shoulder pad, and if so is there a button for that?

But ya definitly a lot more attention to detail this year which is a good sign for things to come, it adds replay value and keeps the game fun and real
Old 08-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #13
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

wow....i never thought I would see the "Little Things Thread" on a madden board.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #14
Rookie

I did a PA pass and I was rolling out to the right with Romo, and I spotted T.O. streaking across the field from right to left. I was being pressured so I didn't have time to plant my feet and throw. So, Romo actually jumped in the air to gain some strength and threw a pass across his body to try and hit T.O. It was totally an old school Bret Favre type of throw. Unfortunately I underthrew him and it was picked, but it was a really nice looking play!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Playing as the Seahawks in the preseason against the Vikings. I put in all my second string offensive players yet they kept in their starting defensive unit.

With a crappy offensive line against one of the best defensive lines the pocket actually collapsed on me and I had zero chance of escaping. A first in a next gen Madden game and a very welcome change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettron2000
Playing as the Seahawks in the preseason against the Vikings. I put in all my second string offensive players yet they kept in their starting defensive unit.

With a crappy offensive line against one of the best defensive lines the pocket actually collapsed on me and I had zero chance of escaping. A first in a next gen Madden game and a very welcome change.
Now you know how it feels to play as the Raiders!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »