Home

TD celebration squares: Isn't there supposed to be a turn-off option?

This is a discussion on TD celebration squares: Isn't there supposed to be a turn-off option? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
TD celebration squares: Isn't there supposed to be a turn-off option?

Perhaps I'm missing it and it's in the game somewhere so if it is please let me know, but I remember reading a thread at the EA boards where it was announced that the TD celebration squares could be turned off (but I don't see that option anywhere). The communities erupted with cheer:

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....art=0&tstart=0

From PastaPadre.com: "The community asked for an option in Madden 09 to turn off the celebration light squares in the end zone after a TD and it has since been added. You’ll still be able to activate the celebrations by going to the different areas, they just won’t be displayed with the light squares."

http://www.pastapadre.com/index.php?...bration+square
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TD celebration squares: Isn't there supposed to be a turn-off option?

If you switch your game style to HARDCORE then the TD celebration boxes will no longer show up
Old 08-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez3
If you switch your game style to HARDCORE then the TD celebration boxes will no longer show up
*sigh*

Oh gimme a break, lol.

So I guess the idea was to take the extreme of all or nothing rather than giving a selectable option, since "hardcore" takes everything away which is totally undesirable and I would say is a misconception of what a hardcore gamer likes (as I've read a few hardcores say on the subject). I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I somehow doubt that every hardcore want's replays and scenes completely taken out with no option/control over it. If anything I'd think they'd want more options and control... even I want that and I'm far from hardcore.

That doesn't make a lot of sense at all. They've really gotta rethink their approach to how they implement new features and concepts. Forcing them is a bad idea always, and having an extreme as the only way to turn something off is not well thought out.

Anyway, thanks for the answer Steez. I appreciate it.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Wow, so having blue squares to celebrate in after a TD is that big of a deal?

yes, they should have giving an option, but come on man...
Old 08-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
Banned

It wasn't like I said it was a game killer...

Nevertheless, the size of the deal is a form of opinion. For example, if someone hates something in franchise they should post about it, but it doesn't matter to me one bit because I couldn't care less about franchise, but to you it might be a game killer so who am I judge what you feel is important?

Let's keep in mind that we all have our own preferences, and should respect each person's. And as you agree, there should be an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I mean that's true. I'm just saying, we're talking about squares man, not the gameplay, not the gameplay, but squares.. i mean squares Not the gameplay we love, but squares?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #7
Banned

^^^^LOL.

Okay, Allen
Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

ya, the jump to hardcore is ridiculous. I'm leaving it on hardcore b/c there are too many annoying things on the lower levels but it pisses me off i don't even have the option for weapons, or the end zone squares (just to test them out...ya know....for fun!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »