Home

Signing draft picks

This is a discussion on Signing draft picks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12
Signing draft picks

Man oh man i imported the draft class from 09 and a few notes to report. Laurenitus(however you spell it) came in at an 89. CB Jenkins came in at 89, i drafted him, when it came to signing him he wanted 72M/7yrs 22M bonus and he was picked #16 overall now lets see what the number 16 pick got from this previous draft...15M/5yrs 9M bonus. they both were CB's, now i know how to work around these issues but this is one of the reasons why the franchise is broken cause when Peyton wants 20M/yr the cpu cuts him and he sits in free agency. ya feel me? now in years past they didn't have the ability to change positions but now they added it back so i don't sign the picks, change their position and then sign them to an accurate contract through preseason free agency.

p.s. i mentioned larenitus cause i changed him to an OLB and he was rated a 96 ovrl. nice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Signing draft picks

I was looking to draft him with my higher of 2 1st round picks hehe... That's a lot of money. Kinda disappointing to know I have that to look forward too after my season is up
Old 08-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

hey, get him! change him to a LT, then sign him for like 55M/6yr 30M bonus and there you have it. or just sign him to 5M/7yr cause he sucks as a LT.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

Wow the Salary Caps room for some of these teams are crazy low!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
hey, get him! change him to a LT, then sign him for like 55M/6yr 30M bonus and there you have it. or just sign him to 5M/7yr cause he sucks as a LT.
I hate to cheese my own Dynasty like that but if I don't change the position on him and my other 1st rounder I wouldn't be able to sign them lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #6
Rookie

MU ATO's Arena

OVR: 2

Im trying to sign a player in rookie signings and when I hit "X" to sign him it won't go into the signing screen.

My other players drafted will. It's my first player drafted. Which happens to be Laurinitas. He was my top pick. Why can't I get to the signing screen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »