Home

Please Do NOT Bring Back CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Please Do NOT Bring Back CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 06:39 AM   #9
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Please Do NOT Bring Back CPU Sliders

I'm using My Skill IQ and Mark Brunell found the fountain of youth and went robo QB on me for like 40 of 50 for 400 yards. My pass defense was set at like 13. So retook the Madden test and purposely tanked the pass defense portion. I end up with a 3 pass defense. So I play against Jet Favre and notice the Robo QB is now gone. Not only are my defenders reacting quicker but Favre is making off target throws for incompletions so it did seem to affect his accuracy. Instead of going 9 of 10 in the first Qtr he was 5 of 10. I know that's a small sample but it is encouraging.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:36 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I'm using My Skill IQ and Mark Brunell found the fountain of youth and went robo QB on me for like 40 of 50 for 400 yards. My pass defense was set at like 13. So retook the Madden test and purposely tanked the pass defense portion. I end up with a 3 pass defense. So I play against Jet Favre and notice the Robo QB is now gone. Not only are my defenders reacting quicker but Favre is making off target throws for incompletions so it did seem to affect his accuracy. Instead of going 9 of 10 in the first Qtr he was 5 of 10. I know that's a small sample but it is encouraging.
If there is a CPU slider then you don't have to purposely flunked the pass defense portion.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:13 AM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

cpu sliders should be brought back. Whether you use them or not, allower the gamer to customize the game to his/her liking is always, always, a good thing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #12
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
If there is a CPU slider then you don't have to purposely flunked the pass defense portion.
What's th difference? Or you could just go into your skill, create a custom skill, and make your pass defense a 3- it's the SAME THING!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:49 AM   #13
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
cpu sliders should be brought back. Whether you use them or not, allower the gamer to customize the game to his/her liking is always, always, a good thing.
Took the words out of my mouth. If you dont want to use them, thats fine, keep using "My Skill" (what im currently doing). But let every gamer choose how they play and adapt their game, nothing wrong with options

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

I can't get over the fact that people would like to have LESS options in a game. The thing with OPTIONS is you don't have to use them if you don't want to.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:26 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
What's th difference? Or you could just go into your skill, create a custom skill, and make your pass defense a 3- it's the SAME THING!
that what i thought. virutal madden is just a wa for ea to show off something different. but make sure it has a purpose...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm very satisfied with the current set up. By using Custom Settings and adjusting the sliders and sub sliders I'm getting the most realistic results I've ever gotten. I feel that the overall QB accuracy needs to be tuned or rewritten to have more incompletions that are off the mark and not picked, dropped, or deflected. But, aside from that I honestly don't see what else needs to be done. For those who think that the defenders are super human, drop down a few levels. At 15 (all-madden) I'm just fine. Read the defense, especially the safeties, pick up the blitzes, and check down and you'll be great.

I agree that if possible a game should include as many options as possible for the player but, I have a feeling we are moving in a different direction with sliders and I think this is a positive first step.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »