Home

Quarter Length For Realistic Franchise Stats

This is a discussion on Quarter Length For Realistic Franchise Stats within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:26 AM   #9
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Quarter Length For Realistic Franchise Stats

Going to try 7 min quarters tonight since 6 still isn't enough. I would run about 50 plays, and the CPU would only get in like 30-40, plus total yards would barely be 300 yards for both teams...really wanting 350-400. Plus I felt I really couldn't spend a good time running the ball, since it would take too much time away from the CPU so I was chucking the ball.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:37 AM   #10
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinji
Going to try 7 min quarters tonight since 6 still isn't enough. I would run about 50 plays, and the CPU would only get in like 30-40, plus total yards would barely be 300 yards for both teams...really wanting 350-400. Plus I felt I really couldn't spend a good time running the ball, since it would take too much time away from the CPU so I was chucking the ball.
I used 8 min. quarters All Pro..

Giants (me)/Skins..

Manning 14 of 24 184 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Campbell 23 of 31 215 1/2

Jacobs 15 60 1 td
Portis 20 70

About as decent as I'll probably get. The Skins actually owned the TOP from the second to third quarters- that's why the QB's attempts were so high..
Old 08-14-2008, 03:53 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I play with 8mins and Im finding that 9mins will give me about the same amount of snaps as the other teams. With 8mins me and team I play get about 125 snaps but alot of teams in my chise mode is getting about 130-140
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 04:47 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I played a few at 7 minutes and total yards was still a bit low but the numbers for most guys was pretty good. I guess I didnt spread the ball around enough. Also, I find that the better I get to know a playbook, the quicker I call plays until eventually Im running almost twice as many plays a game.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:46 AM   #13
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

10 min. is a bare minimum I'm thinking. I'm getting on average 120 total plays per game. More of the clock is getting chewed up this year because of the higher completion percentage, the back track feature and the offenses are just more plodding than in the past.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:08 AM   #14
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

10 minutes (minimum). 9 just doesn't cut it unless you go no-huddle a lot or pick your plays really fast. I'm going with 10 minutes for now and may even flirt with 11. Damn, that's a long game. I thought my NCAA games were long.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #15
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

7 minutes in the 2 games I played was about right. I would go up to 8 minutes because I agree that that would probably be perfect, but I played for 3 hours tonight and only got 2 games in. Really don't want to do anything longer, or it'll take me forever to get anywhere in my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #16
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I played 3 games yesterday with 12 min quarters and got 120, 121, 118 plays respectively. Pretty darn close if you ask me But i run clock when needed, i make adjustments on both sides of the ball, i take time and look through the playcalling window at stats and stuff too. I probably average snapping the ball with 22 secs on clock

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »