Home

Create-a-team generic players bug

This is a discussion on Create-a-team generic players bug within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Create-a-team generic players bug

Last night I spent an hour creating a team to use in franchise mode, only to find out that EVERY generic player on my team is age 21, 22, or 23 and is a rookie. I chose to create a balanced team. While this may not be a problem for 'play now' games, it makes a created team useless for franchise mode because all of my players will be superstars in short order.

While I don't expect the engine to create a fictional backstory and stats for every created player, it is a little ridiculous for every player to be considered a rookie and to be 21-23 years old. The only workaround that I can think of is to choose the fantasy team, and to select every player that is currently on the team I intend to replace with my created team in franchise mode. This is yet another feature that used to work well on last gen systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Create-a-team generic players bug

I noticed this yesterday as well as I created a team myself, but I chose to make mine a Cupcake team, so it really doesn't matter the age because my players are going to be bad regardless.

Can you not change the players' vital stats?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Create-a-team generic players bug

I haven't tried to go in and edit the ages, etc of the players. I don't know how much of an effect that would have though since I can't edit the potential ratings anyway.

Really my whole reason for using the created team is that I prefer to play with generic players, but it looks like the player creation code is not particularly useful in this version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »