Home

VIDEO EVIDENCE THAT PLAYER PROGRESSION IS BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on VIDEO EVIDENCE THAT PLAYER PROGRESSION IS BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #17
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: VIDEO EVIDENCE THAT PLAYER PROGRESSION IS BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
ok, so Fargas is 28 years old....he has played 5 seasons and has 2025 yards and 6 TD for his career......

DM is a potential HOF HB in real life.....Fargas is, well he is a fargas.....i would expect DM to progress this way......

just because fargas has 1 good year it doesnt make him a potential HOF HB......having a good year does not make you a better player, it means you had a good year

i guess by these standards timmy smith should have been a 99 after his 87 SB performance with the skins......or how about leroy hoard in 94 with the clowns......or any HB that played for the broncos in the last 10 years......

how many players have had a good season and are still the same average player they always were? and thats what this is, a GOOD season, not GREAT......1100 yards is average these days........
Fargas has been a backup for most of those years. Last year was his FIRST chance at starting and he did very well. Look at his years as a backup and his yards per carry. OVER FIVE. Say all you want, but when he was given the chance to be a feature back he did very very well.

Yeah, McFadden is a potential HOFer? BAHAHAHAHAH... how many carries has he had in the NFL again? Maybe DMC and Reggie Bush can get together in a few years and talk about "great expectations" and being overhyped. Just saying......... give the guy some time in the big show before you annoint him god. He definately should develop into a stud, but don't overhype him TOO much.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #18
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree with countryboy and here was my response:

"You do realize that Fargas is 28 years old right? Players who are 28 years old don't generally "progress" much. THey actually start to decrease some at the age of 28. Especially RB's. Mcfadden is expected to get better over time. He has Hall of Fame potential. Do you really expect Darren Mcfadden not to progress? Also, how much better to you really expect a 28 year old RB to get??? Seriously?? "
Old 08-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #19
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
Fargas has been a backup for most of those years. Last year was his FIRST chance at starting and he did very well. Look at his years as a backup and his yards per carry. OVER FIVE. Say all you want, but when he was given the chance to be a feature back he did very very well.

Yeah, McFadden is a potential HOFer? BAHAHAHAHAH... how many carries has he had in the NFL again? Maybe DMC and Reggie Bush can get together in a few years and talk about "great expectations" and being overhyped. Just saying......... give the guy some time in the big show before you annoint him god. He definately should develop into a stud, but don't overhype him TOO much.
First of all, Darren Mcfadden isn't Reggie Bush. They are two totally different types of players. Reggie Bush is a speed back. Just because Mcfadden is as fast as Reggie Bush that doesn't make him the same player. I'm tired of seeing that comparison. Reggie Bush is 6'2 215lb. with one of the best stiff arms in football....I'm just saying.....
Old 08-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
ok, so Fargas is 28 years old....he has played 5 seasons and has 2025 yards and 6 TD for his career......

DM is a potential HOF HB in real life.....Fargas is, well he is a fargas.....i would expect DM to progress this way......

just because fargas has 1 good year it doesnt make him a potential HOF HB......having a good year does not make you a better player, it means you had a good year

i guess by these standards timmy smith should have been a 99 after his 87 SB performance with the skins......or how about leroy hoard in 94 with the clowns......or any HB that played for the broncos in the last 10 years......

how many players have had a good season and are still the same average player they always were? and thats what this is, a GOOD season, not GREAT......1100 yards is average these days........
You've got to be kidding me, McFadden, a rookie rb who doesn't have an NFL carry, a runner who didn't run through tackles in college and relied on a gimmick offense, a future hall of famer? Maybe, its impossible to predict ANY players career, much less a rb. This reminds me of someone current, Reggie Bush, but even more of someone 20 years, Herschel Walker.

One more thing, I think Terrel Davis played for the Broncos, and for a time, brief though it was, he was one of the three most productive RB's in the NFL.

Progression SHOULD be random-esque and shouldn't be based only on statistics and potential is extremely difficult to predict, especially with full grown adults. There are WAY more historical busts than gems.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:58 PM   #21
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

One thing I'll say for the "Fargas debate", being a lifetime Raider fan who has seen every carry the guy ever made...he's easily worthy of an 85. 85 isn't All-Pro or Hall of Fame. It's a solid starter.

Fargas, early in his career, was fast, but made that "last move" that caused him to fumble too much. He's corrected that in the last 2 seasons, and his numbers rose a bit.

Last year, he finally broke through and started running well. What you see when Fargas runs is a guy who runs violently, with no regard for his own body, which leads to injury issues. I went from being completely indifferent to his presence, to really loving his running style.

Anybody who watches Fargas run as hard as he does wouldn't say he's not worth of even a "decent starter rating" 85, when he got the yardage he did last year in half a season on a team that couldn't throw the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

as a starter in after 2008 season, McFadden became and 88 (he started), Ryan an 87, Flacco 82

now drafting Tebow and having him come in as a 90 is another thing altogether
Old 08-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #23
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
You've got to be kidding me, McFadden, a rookie rb who doesn't have an NFL carry, a runner who didn't run through tackles in college and relied on a gimmick offense, a future hall of famer? Maybe, its impossible to predict ANY players career, much less a rb. This reminds me of someone current, Reggie Bush, but even more of someone 20 years, Herschel Walker.

One more thing, I think Terrel Davis played for the Broncos, and for a time, brief though it was, he was one of the three most productive RB's in the NFL.

Progression SHOULD be random-esque and shouldn't be based only on statistics and potential is extremely difficult to predict, especially with full grown adults. There are WAY more historical busts than gems.
Have you ever watched Mcfadden play? Obviously not because he ran between the tackles 80% of the time. Felix Jones was the one who didn't run between the tackles much. And a "gimmick offense" LMAO. Mcfadden had 47 carries from the "gimmick offense" or Wildhog formation as it should be put. Where do you think the other 290 came from??? Don't talk like your an expert when you really know nothing at all.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 9

whoever made this thread is full of it. Ive had many players progress just fine, yes even Fargas. Ive also debunked the Editing players makes your players not progress theory, Ive edited tons of players and even created some and they progressed just fine!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »