Home

my "NEW FEATURES' rant & rave

This is a discussion on my "NEW FEATURES' rant & rave within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
Icon3 my "NEW FEATURES' rant & rave

dont get me wrong, i am thoroughly enjoying Madden this year (especially with Heefan's sliders & Cheech's roster update... big ups 4 da shout out... lol) but why does it seem like some of the small yet important things that we have grown to expect (like more detailed player appearance customization, referees on the field, different camera angles, the cpu playing more mythodical and making adjustments at the line of scrimmage, etc., etc.) seem to get overlooked or taken out whenever a new feature is added?!?!? (and this is also true for most games, not just Madden)

i mean DAMN, it IS supposed to be "next-gen" right?! im no tech-head but doesnt that mean there is more room/memory or whatever the hell it's called so that you can add more things, not subtract things? sometimes i feel like i'm watching that episode of "Married with Children" where everytime Kelly learns something new, she forgets something old!

i know that some of the things that have been left out are minor but some of them are not AND enough fine details have been left out to add up to a significant fault to me.

I know that im gonna get blasted for this post & i welcome it... because the normal response is "they had to take somethings out to make a better game for us", well my question is WHY? and has there really been THAT many important "gameplay" improvements to make up for "cosmetic" subtractions?

like i said i do love the game (seeing as i never got a chance to indulge in NFL 2K5) but from what i've heard about about NFL 2K5 & seen from Madden all i am asking for is a complete package & i thought the point of more high-tech, $400-$500 gaming systems & $70 games was to have the capacity to create more COMPLETE games not enhance the "gravy" & leave the "meat" unseasoned.

am i the only person that feels this way?
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by ronyell; 08-14-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »