Home

Solution for high rated rookies from NCAA09

This is a discussion on Solution for high rated rookies from NCAA09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Solution for high rated rookies from NCAA09

Same here...it will allow you to edit their name, position, number, college, and hometown...but not ratings. I actually allowed myself a smidgen of "hope" for a second...

Furthermore, if you edit a player (name/equipment) while actually in the franchise mode it will prohibit them from progressing at all.

Last edited by Da Rebirth; 08-14-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 08-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #10
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

Well I simmed a season and didn't load a draft class, and the highest rated rookie was an 83 corner, and there were only a few others in the 80's. So if the high ratings bother you it looks like that's the way to go
Old 08-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Rebirth
Same here...it will allow you to edit their name, position, number, college, and hometown...but not ratings. I actually allowed myself a smidgen of "hope" for a second...

Furthermore, if you edit a player (name/equipment) while actually in the franchise mode it will prohibit them from progressing at all.
lol...well, if you can edit the player ratings, then the progression issue would be less of an issue IMO. I was under the impression you couldn't edit ratings at all in franchise also though. Can anyone confirm this? I've been holding off on franchise for a week 1 regular season roster update (mainly to see if the artist formerly known as Pacman is fully reinstated then added), so I haven't really messed around in it that much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #12
Pro

skow05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...well, if you can edit the player ratings, then the progression issue would be less of an issue IMO. I was under the impression you couldn't edit ratings at all in franchise also though. Can anyone confirm this? I've been holding off on franchise for a week 1 regular season roster update (mainly to see if the artist formerly known as Pacman is fully reinstated then added), so I haven't really messed around in it that much.
Can't edit ratings while in franchise....I'm currently messing around to see if editing a player's equipment or anything else prevents them from progressing.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Editing anything on a player (ratings or equipment) at any point of the game will keep that player from progressing. Not a little bit of progression, not pre-determined progression, but they will not go up or down in rating. Period. I wish this wasn't the case, but it is what it is. I've got the CE on PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skow05
Can't edit ratings while in franchise....I'm currently messing around to see if editing a player's equipment or anything else prevents them from progressing.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #14
Pro

skow05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Rebirth
Editing anything on a player (ratings or equipment) at any point of the game will keep that player from progressing. Not a little bit of progression, not pre-determined progression, but they will not go up or down in rating. Period. I wish this wasn't the case, but it is what it is. I've got the CE on PS3.
Yup, you're right. I just edited McFadden before I started a Franchise and after two years he didn't progress at all....pretty dissapointing. I don't even know whether I should start a real Franchise or not
Old 08-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

So you can actually change the ratings this year after your franchise starts? Tell me thats possible, please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Okay,so you can't edit, why do people make threads that make no sense then? You said that you can edit Tebows rating after the draft, when others here have clearly stated that you can't. Did you do research on this before you did it, or is this your first Madden game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »