Home

My Madden keeps getting the "Disk Unreadable" message?

This is a discussion on My Madden keeps getting the "Disk Unreadable" message? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12
My Madden keeps getting the "Disk Unreadable" message?

If just got the game yesterday, love the game. But lately about 5 plays into the game, it gets a disk unreadable message. The game has absolutley NO scratches on it. And I know it's not my 360 because I can still play my NBA 2K8,which is scratched to hell trust me, fine with no problems. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a defected disk? Im really pissed right now lol

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html

Last edited by blingballa333; 08-14-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: messed up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: My Madden keeps getting the "Disk Unreadable" message?

Its happened to me twice now. Both times after being about 4 games in. So its not happening as quickly as you're seeing it but its happening. Couldn't tell you why though.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Man the same thing was happening to me. No scratches or nothing on my brand new Madden and my 360 would play pretty much everything else. Soon after the midnight release my Xbox finally crapped the bed and wouldn't play any of my games. No RROD though just that stupid unplayable disc read error. If your hearing a loud clicking when your Xbox is trying to read Madden, it might be time to go trade that bad boy in for a new one.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Are you starting your 360 up with Madden in the dvd drive? If so, DON'T. Fire up the 360, then put madden into the dvd drive.

I had this exact same problem with NCAA 08 and this procedure corrected my issues. I remember reading in a forum from last year that it has something to do with how the 360 loads and spins up the dvd when it is already in the drive. It is always slightly off with the EA discs. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

You can try clearing the cache too. Dirty Disc errors are a common symptom when the cache is full and the system is having trouble streaming and decompressing the data fast enough. Of course a bad DVD drive (another common 360 defect) causes the same symptoms so I hope it's not that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Had the same problem. I cleared the cache and haven't had a problem since release day.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've got the game at the midnight release and have run into multiple "disk unreadable errors" on the 360.
They have all come either at halftime or at the end of the game, when the Sprint Highlights kick in.
I had the same problem with last year's version, so I just turn that function off and have not had any problems.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

I had the thrill of getting a "Dirty Disc Error" right out of the box...happened after 1st quarter of my first game (Not sure if this is the same error message, or due to same problem as you?) It has popped up on me random a couple times, however, I have been able to get the occasional full game in. I do notice that whenever I try to watch the NBA Live Trailer I get it positively everytime.

I guess I could try the clear cache thing...when I first checked my disc to clean it, I thought it looked like there were a couple faint nicks towards the edge, and it looked like circles were beginning to possibly form....but maybe i was halucinating? It makes me mad too...cause I'm sure the return process to EA is a PAIN! and time consuming!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »