Home

Madden on HDTV questions

This is a discussion on Madden on HDTV questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #9
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden on HDTV questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchrider1
I have a 40 inch Samsung 1080i LCD HDTV and I was wondering, what is the best way to play it? It says on the box supported up to 1080i, but I am still seeing some rough edges on the players when they come to the line of scrimmage?

The cut screens are perfect, but some of the further away shots show some blocky looking edges, same goes for NCAA.

This is my first year with the non-elite 360 on a HD so forgive me if this is common knowledge. What is a good way to set my TV or my XBOX to get ultimate results? What does Madden/NCAA optimally run at?

Thank you in advance
Check your sharpness on your TV. If it is up lower it to 0 and than work your way up until you start to see the jaggies/outlines come back. I usually keep my sharpness on my TV at 5 but with this years Madden i had to lower it to 3
Old 08-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #10
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden on HDTV questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
Don't use 1080i, it's the worst of the three between 720,1080i, and 1080p. I've actually heard also that 720p is better than 1080p for sports games/video games because it captures movement better or something like that. But don't use 1080i
Yea, I really noticed this with mlb the show this year...It supports 1080p and I was excited about this but it looks MUCH better on 720p, it actually says right at the front menu that it was made to be on 720p....every sports game ive played looks better at 720p

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »