Home

ActionCam or ClassicCam View

This is a discussion on ActionCam or ClassicCam View within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
ActionCam or ClassicCam View

Which camera view do you prefer? I personallly prefer the classic cam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ActionCam or ClassicCam View

where do you find the classic cam option? I couldn't find it.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

I like Action better because it follow the ball in the air on long passes
Old 08-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJackson
where do you find the classic cam option? I couldn't find it.

I think in the gameplay menu. Cant remember at this time.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

Im one thats been stressing (with suggestions/idea's) the badly needed atmosphere & presentation in madden for 2010 around the forums lately. Here's another area that goes with the atmosphere catagory that could help Madden for 2010.

.. this year's madden09 has some nice camera angles that does actually help that atmosphere a bit but the kickoff's and fieldgoals need better angles and many more variations of them so they dont get old to quickly.

First off, for 2010.. Madden Dev's should really consider using more varied dynamic camera angles for Fieldgoals. Also maybe think about removing the top middle onscreen scoreboard during a fieldgoal because it blocks the view of the middle of the goalposts, we want to see where our ball is actually going on any fieldgoal.. yeah i know, we are talking camera angles here, filed goal camera angles at that! ...but as i said..it effects atmosphere so its a bit more important then some of you may feel.

One kickoff angle madden uses this year is VERY NICE but its way too short....Im referring to the angle when the kicker kicks off the ball and the camera sorta pans back from a distance and you can see the ball way up in the air..thats a NICE angle..but its way too short.. why not keep that angle going longer until almost reaching the kickoff returners hands? It would be more dynamic and fun .. yes it would be fun to watch and use alot of variations of this sort of angle so it dont get old so quick...thats key imho.

Its angles like that ..that bring this "cool factor" in such a simple thing......believe it or not, we like to see things loft high into the air, may it be in a football game during a kick off or a long fieldgoal, a baseball game when a player blasts off a towering home run..we like to see those kinds of camera angles that capture the ball being lofted up high into the air...come on now, you dont remember when you were a kid and you'd go kick your football around at the park and how you loved seeing how high you could get the football or how high you could hit the baseball up into the air? Its human nature, people or more specifically sports gamers like watching footballs, baseballs,etc fly up high into the air..its just human nature i guess..so putting these angles into Madden would definately help capture the feel..

Another one i been thinking about but not sure if it would work .... maybe for a kickoff.. use a sort of "First Person" perspective for the kick returner..so say im recieving the ball on a CPU kick off to me.. while the ball is up in the air..the camera sorta goes into Frist Person MODE.. and we can see the ball way up in the air and then sorta sail down coming right down at you (the kick off returner).. in a first person aspect camera.. its just an idea i been thinking about..not sure if its possible or what..but maybe think about it. I think it could be pretty cool.

Thx for reading,
Moegames
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »