Home

HATE!! the REWIND feature

This is a discussion on HATE!! the REWIND feature within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #17
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: HATE!! the REWIND feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophog
It's wonderful for stupid AI mistakes that still plague Madden. Get a bug, use a rewind. Makes Madden way more enjoyable for me this year. In the past, I'd just yell if the game cheated me, now, I just use a rewind. If I lose, its now my fault, not some silly quirk.
I agree with you. I use it when it's very obvious that I've been cheated. I once accidentally pressed X right after a touchdown and it erased my TD. Doh!

Last edited by 2krules; 08-16-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I just deleted 7 posts that were off topic. 7.

Either talk about the rewind feature or don't post. Posting off-topic is against the TOS.

Thanks

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 08-16-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #19
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hndavis
i love the rewind feaqture i set it to the maiximum number each game and whenver the cou scores i use it and more times than not it works and the next play they wont score..it helps me win alot great feautre.
If what you're interested in is easy wins, I have some more good tips for you:

(1) Set your difficulty level to Doggned Easy (It's 3 levels easier than Rookie - it's a hidden difficulty level that will display if you press the X button with your teeth while standing on your head, but only if you are in the kitchen at the time)

(2) Set all skill levels of all your team's players to 100 and set all skill levels of every other NFL player to 0. Even the free agents? Yes, because there is a bug in the game that will place Free Agent Seymour Heineys on every team in the NFL if you play the game with another game on top of it in the disc tray.

(3) Go to Chuck E. Cheeses, connect your Xbox 360 to one of the big screen TVs, then issue a game challenge to every 5 year old you see.

Follow these simple instructions to guarantee yourself a win every single time!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
either talk about the rewind feature or don't post.

Thanks
Sorry, I didn't see your previous post.

as for the rewind feature, like someone previously said, it gives you a chance to fix a CPU glitch, so you don't lose a game on some bug or computer cheat. I like it.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think this rewind feature needs to be scrapped. It takes away from realism. Yes, it's a game, but you should live by those plays. Once you get to the All Madden skill level, it should be prohibited.

Reminds me of Prince of Persia.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
If what you're interested in is easy wins, I have some more good tips for you:

(1) Set your difficulty level to Doggned Easy (It's 3 levels easier than Rookie - it's a hidden difficulty level that will display if you press the X button with your teeth while standing on your head, but only if you are in the kitchen at the time)

(2) Set all skill levels of all your team's players to 100 and set all skill levels of every other NFL player to 0. Even the free agents? Yes, because there is a bug in the game that will place Free Agent Seymour Heineys on every team in the NFL if you play the game with another game on top of it in the disc tray.

(3) Go to Chuck E. Cheeses, connect your Xbox 360 to one of the big screen TVs, then issue a game challenge to every 5 year old you see.

Follow these simple instructions to guarantee yourself a win every single time!
i never herd of those it kinda weird how they have hidden features in the game..i though rookie was the easiet but i new it wasnt that easy bc the cpu is so tough so i was rite when i though there was eay levels
Old 08-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
You don't need to play on Hardcore to avoid the graphic. You can set the number of rewinds to 0 in hte pregame options and the graphic will never appear.

You don't have to wait. Press X(PS3) or A(360) and it takes you to the playcall screen right away.
If you just start hitting (A) then it will skip the 'Backtrack' for plays they decide to use it. I really like the feature (backtrack) and have annoyed myself when I skip it.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:18 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSRoble33
Seeing as I'm one of the guys that don't bother reading the manual thoroughly until I discover something I can't figure out, I initially thought the rewind feature had to do with replays, but when I did it and it did the play over again, I thought that was cheesy. I switched it to 0 now, so I'm all good. :-)

Since when does EA include manuals? I have a 4 page leaflet that has controls on it...I still have no idea wtf the FIFA Lounge is...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »