Home

Not being able to get sacks is a game killer!!

This is a discussion on Not being able to get sacks is a game killer!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Not being able to get sacks is a game killer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacManMakeItRain
i get plenty of sacks on my skill at 747 ware has 15 ellis has 10 and rest of my team 1-10
damn dude how the hell do you get that? i use the 3-4 and i blitz like 2 out of every 3 plays and my guys can rarely ge tthere. i dont play online so i wont abuse it, please pm me or share with us
Old 08-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 11

I usually get 2 - 3 sacks against the CPU (more against humans) with 5 min quarters. My pass defense my skill level is "all madden" right now. 2 - 3 sacks is more than enough with just 5 minute quarters and I don't know why anyone who wants a "sim" game would want more than that. I would assume you have to play longer quarters to get more.

I usually control a DT, but most of my sacks the AI gets for me. I've seen good variety and find it helpful to really mix up your D - blitz corners, man-to-man blitz, zone blitz, don't blitz at all, etc. The more I mix it up, the more I seem to get sacks.

It's not a game killer at all and I honestly didn't know it was a problem for some people until I saw this thread. My guess is people are being too predictable and one-dimensional with their D or they're used to getting more sacks than a real NFL game would have.

Last edited by born_bad; 08-19-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:26 PM   #139
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

I'm looking at some of the box scores from this past weekends pre-season games and I'm not seeing a lot of teams get 5-7 sacks a game. I have even seen scores were a team will dominate in a win but still get no sacks. :dunno:
Old 08-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #140
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I do not know what you guys are doing to get these sacks, I guess I bought the one bad disc out there. Just for fun I edited the front four of the Bears to 99s in speed, acceleration, power and finesse move, played a Play Now game and registered one sack. The CPU QB simply throws the ball whenever I get near him. Hammond's commentary is like this all game long, "throws off his back foot, throws on the run, throws into double coverage, throws into heavy coverage."

I just wish the sliders would fix this. You can fix the run game with sliders, I was struggling then raised run blocking and break tackles and now I can average 3 - 3.5 a carry. I raise pass rush to 100 and I get all kinds of pressure but it just makes the CPU QB throw even quicker, it does not equate to sacks.

I have my rush reaction time at 0 but my lineman still go crazy like Speedy Gonzalez at the snap of the ball on run plays tackling guys in the backfield half the time, pass plays is a whole different story. I never had this problem in past Madden's and I have been playing a long time, as unfortunately my 20's and 30's are behind me.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 5

Haven't had any problems sacking the qb. Even when I don't blitz and just use my front 4, I am still getting sacks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #142
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

That was off of a corner blitz. Got any video of you getting a sack with just your 4 down lineman?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »