Home

People here are never happy

This is a discussion on People here are never happy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
People here are never happy

Look, I've been one of the most critical people of EA since Madden 06. I've been banned over at MaddenMania for calling out a EA Staff member, I've done all sorts of stuff against EA. However, I can see that we've got a good Madden game on our hands here. The gameplay is great, minus the regression issue Franchise is good, the presentation is good. What more do you want?

I hear people here complaining about not being able to select their uniforms, or the font of the main menu, who cares? It's a good football game, deal with it. Some people's lives on this board are bashing EA, and now they cannot do that anymore, they are getting defensive.

Fine, there's a regression issue in Franchise mode. Who cares? Most games this big have issues. NBA 2K8 which was a really good game last year needed a patch. Understand that alot of games need a patch.

Please guys, we've got a good Madden game on our hands, yes, it's not legendry, but it's still a GOOD Madden game.

If you find a major issue with it, then complain, but so far there is no "Franchise" or "Game killing" problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: People here are never happy

I agree with most of the problems being raised, but this is the most fun I've had with a Madden since 05, so I'm not complaining.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomaniac
Look, I've been one of the most critical people of EA since Madden 06. I've been banned over at MaddenMania for calling out a EA Staff member, I've done all sorts of stuff against EA. However, I can see that we've got a good Madden game on our hands here. The gameplay is great, minus the regression issue Franchise is good, the presentation is good. What more do you want?

I hear people here complaining about not being able to select their uniforms, or the font of the main menu, who cares? It's a good football game, deal with it. Some people's lives on this board are bashing EA, and now they cannot do that anymore, they are getting defensive.

Fine, there's a regression issue in Franchise mode. Who cares? Most games this big have issues. NBA 2K8 which was a really good game last year needed a patch. Understand that alot of games need a patch.

Please guys, we've got a good Madden game on our hands, yes, it's not legendry, but it's still a GOOD Madden game.

If you find a major issue with it, then complain, but so far there is no "Franchise" or "Game killing" problem.
I hate freezing. It's the worst of all glitches IMO. The PS3 version has a freezing issues. That's a game killer for me.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Did you not read anything before you posted this?

tons of people are having problems withe the game crashing a lot of the time they play it:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...me-freeze.html

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....99295&#3999295

not to mention the franchise issues:

That, in addition to progression being broken, and the depth chart bug (players ratings on the depth chart will be different than their OVR, mostly WR/HB), the terrible madden generated drafts, the SUPER amazing players in the NCAA imported drafts, the CRAPPY CPU draft/trade logic, the edit drafted rookies bug (if you change #'s or equipment they won't progress)make this franchise mode very difficult to enjoy.ga - from Marvfan 21me-freeze.html

Even with all of that I will say this year is better then last but people have every right to complain when things to not work well and especially when the game freezes/crashes.

Last edited by stux; 08-15-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

The complaining about Madden each year has reached a new level. It makes these boards all most unreadable this time of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Wow-the PS3 version is the freezer this year?-Haven't been reading threads here lately. i've been doing good on the 360 (fingers crossed)
Old 08-15-2008, 09:33 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomaniac

Shut the hell up.

I cant stand internet police who think they can tell people what they can and cant talk about.

No, it really isnt a great game. A game that freezes on alot of people and has alot of holes in different aspects of the game is not a "great game". People dish out a wad of money for a game that makes so much every year, that they should be able to put out a quality game that doesnt keep on freezing, and is a more complete experience than this.

Youre right in one area, not everyone will ever be happy. Thats just how things go. But this is not a great game, and people who settle for crap the mediocrity EA puts out are the people basically telling EA its alright to half *** games.

If you enjoy the game, good for you. But get off your high horse and stop playing internet police. People can complain about it all they want, especially if they paid money for a game that isnt even working right.

Deal with it.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

very good game my only problem with it is the lack of deph in franchise
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »