Home

Quick Snaps

This is a discussion on Quick Snaps within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Quick Snaps

The quick snap on/off is a great idea, but I think it would be better to "kick it up a notch" and make it a slider, this way you could adjust it to your exact liking, which would help immensely in generating more realistic stats. You don't want the CPU taking much more/less time than you do pre-snap so that you can set the quarter time and adjust the "pre-snap time" slider to get the best results. I think this would be much better than a simple on/off, because everyone is different, and just as you cannot lump them into one group, I don't think you can lump them into two either, plus it couldn't be that much more difficult to implement than a simple on/off, and I don't say that in complete ignorance to the difficulty of programming, I'm not saying that it is not difficult, just not especially more difficult than an on/off, and any programmer worth his salt could do either with approximately the same amount of effort, even though it would take a little longer to type.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:08 AM   #34
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmerilLIVE
The quick snap on/off is a great idea, but I think it would be better to "kick it up a notch" and make it a slider, this way you could adjust it to your exact liking, which would help immensely in generating more realistic stats. You don't want the CPU taking much more/less time than you do pre-snap so that you can set the quarter time and adjust the "pre-snap time" slider to get the best results. I think this would be much better than a simple on/off, because everyone is different, and just as you cannot lump them into one group, I don't think you can lump them into two either, plus it couldn't be that much more difficult to implement than a simple on/off, and I don't say that in complete ignorance to the difficulty of programming, I'm not saying that it is not difficult, just not especially more difficult than an on/off, and any programmer worth his salt could do either with approximately the same amount of effort, even though it would take a little longer to type.
I think that's a great idea and I wouldn't have a problem with that at all, I figured at least an on/off button would work for a patch/DLC this year and then something more along the lines of what you stated could be looked at for next year. If you are saying that the slider isn't any more work then I would LOVE to see that happen, but again I doubt we get anything either way....
Old 08-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #35
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
I think that's a great idea and I wouldn't have a problem with that at all, I figured at least an on/off button would work for a patch/DLC this year and then something more along the lines of what you stated could be looked at for next year. If you are saying that the slider isn't any more work then I would LOVE to see that happen, but again I doubt we get anything either way....
I'd be happy if they would just add 3-5 secs to delay the snap. Long enough to make an adjustment or two, but still short enough for the ADD afflicted masses.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

For me this issue goes beyond not being being able to adjust because of CPU Quick Snap. This is a Game Speed Issue. The game plays too fast...

I believe if they slow the game play down some, the quick snap issue will also be toned down
Old 08-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I'd be happy if they would just add 3-5 secs to delay the snap. Long enough to make an adjustment or two, but still short enough for the ADD afflicted masses.....
My thoughts exactly. 3-5 sec. delay at the line of scrimmage is more than enough time to make your adjustments, and still keeping things fair. They would only have to make sure that it was disabled when the CPU is in a hurry up offense.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #38
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
For me this issue goes beyond not being being able to adjust because of CPU Quick Snap. This is a Game Speed Issue. The game plays too fast...

I believe if they slow the game play down some, the quick snap issue will also be toned down
I do agree with this also, the game does play way to fast. I have had some plays end in about 2-3 seconds.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #39
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I would at least like to see the CPU quick snap slowed down in practice. I want to try different defensive adjustments against the same play in practice and the CPU literally give you no time. I don't mind it so much in the games because it helps your adjustments become second nature which is a valuable thing when you go online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »