Home

Subs for specific plays

This is a discussion on Subs for specific plays within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Subs for specific plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Can't anyone on this board read? We know you can do it at the playcall screen. How many times does that have to be said? That's just it, you have to manually do it at the playcall screen, during the game which you probably won't have time because the CPU QB snaps so quickly, everytime you want to make a change.

I'll say it one more time and hopefully the next person that has a comment will actually read this and comprehend. On last gen there was a feature called Formation Substitutions that allowed you to setup and save subs that you wanted to take place everytime you used that formation, no need in manually doing it each time you wanted to sub. Say you wanted your LG and RT to swap out whenever running a play from Goal Line, you could set that up from the Formation Substitutions section so that it would take place automatically when using Goal Line.

Now do you understand? I thought that feature had finally made it to the 360, but I guess they were just talking about the subs you can do from the playcall screen.
How would the QB snap the ball too fast if they are still in the huddle?
Old 08-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Can't anyone on this board read? We know you can do it at the playcall screen. How many times does that have to be said? That's just it, you have to manually do it at the playcall screen, during the game which you probably won't have time because the CPU QB snaps so quickly, everytime you want to make a change.

I'll say it one more time and hopefully the next person that has a comment will actually read this and comprehend. On last gen there was a feature called Formation Substitutions that allowed you to setup and save subs that you wanted to take place everytime you used that formation, no need in manually doing it each time you wanted to sub. Say you wanted your LG and RT to swap out whenever running a play from Goal Line, you could set that up from the Formation Substitutions section so that it would take place automatically when using Goal Line.

Now do you understand? I thought that feature had finally made it to the 360, but I guess they were just talking about the subs you can do from the playcall screen.

I'll clear this up:

Formation Subs are in Madden 09 but they are only accessible through the playcall screen. For some reason the Madden team decided to eliminate being able to access this feature outside of the playcall screen. I go to "By Formation", scroll to the formation I want to sub, press Y and then select the player I want to sub out. For example, with the Packers Gbaja-Bamilia is a backup DE in on all Dime and Nickel formation plays. I set that up through the playcall screen.

So the bad news is that the only way to access this is through the play call menu.

The good news is formation subs are in the game and I just discovered that they carry over from week to week in a Franchise so you dont have to make the changes again and again every week.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #11
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'll clear this up:

Formation Subs are in Madden 09 but they are only accessible through the playcall screen. For some reason the Madden team decided to eliminate being able to access this feature outside of the playcall screen. I go to "By Formation", scroll to the formation I want to sub, press Y and then select the player I want to sub out. For example, with the Packers Gbaja-Bamilia is a backup DE in on all Dime and Nickel formation plays. I set that up through the playcall screen.

So the bad news is that the only way to access this is through the play call menu.

The good news is formation subs are in the game and I just discovered that they carry over from week to week in a Franchise so you dont have to make the changes again and again every week.
aweeesome! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #12
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'll clear this up:

Oh, ok, if they carry over each week then I guess that is better than nothing. We still need the out-of-game section where you can go in there and make all of your changes you want to all at once, don't see that happening in-game.

Almost forgot, thanks for a sensible answer and explanation, we appreciate it.

Last edited by utorde; 08-15-2008 at 09:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »