Home

Do you prefer importing draft classes, or drafting created rookies?

This is a discussion on Do you prefer importing draft classes, or drafting created rookies? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 06:23 AM   #9
Rookie

McAlister's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Do you prefer importing draft classes, or drafting created rookies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
So what's the problem with the money aspect? Managing the salary CAP while putting the best possible team on the field is not supposed to be easy. If what your saying is true maybe EA finally made franchise mode more difficult from the financial aspect which is the way it should be. I don't know about anyone else but in previous editions of Madden I got tired of being able to resign all my key players in the offseason and sign a bunch of top tier free agents while still being within the salary CAP. Its very difficult for teams in real life just to be able to resign 1 or 2 key players without going over the salary CAP and that is the way it should be in Madden too.
Yeah, that's how I prefer it to be. I want to play a franchise where I have to seriously consider cutting loose a veteran due to cap reasons. I've always grown tired of being able to sign all of my free agents and rookies and still be in a position to sign any and every free agent I desire. I've always wished EA would fix this either by lowering the salary cap number or something, so I actually enjoy reading people struggle to work the salary cap.

As far as the Pat White is concerned, IMO it's asking too much for the game to take into account how the real life Pat White's game translates to the NFL. White is a highly rated QB in NCAA 09, so him coming into Madden highly rated is understandable. This is a case where IMO people are looking for too much reality in a video game and putting too much on the developers. If you don't want White coming in as a QB, than change his position to WR and adjust his rating accordingly in NCAA 09.

Last edited by McAlister; 08-16-2008 at 06:28 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I see both sides to it, one side being the ratings are to crazy. I do agree I liked it better I think it was 04? When being a 90 rated player meant something, hell being a mid to high 80's was something. Only the best rooks where in the low 80s but mostly between the 70s.

Then the other side which I personally side with which is importing players from NCAA, I have about 15 classes lol mostly because I thought online leagues were like franchise but meh. Players you've developed or went up against in NCAA. Yeah, they are rated how they can fix that besides putting AWR really low.

As far as the money part, it's kinda cheating lol but what I usually do is sign all 1-2 round picks to 1year deals then cut them in the pre season and resign them. Saves TON of cap space, sure take a slight cap hit but saving in the long run. Your Malcom Jenkins example for instance, I drafted him for the Colts at 15(control all 32 teams). He wanted 101M I believe for 7 years lol, did what I do, took a 3 mill hit and signed him back for 7Yr/49.6M. He was rated 92 lol yeah again goes back to they rated to high.

Another thing I like about importing is that every time you import that same class, the ratings seem to be different at least it was in 08. Tim Tebow who I got for the Fins is rated 84 this time around, saw people saying he was 92 in their classes. Btw signed him for 7yr/29.5M, he was the 7th overall. I have to mention though there were like 6-7 1st round rated QBs and like 3-4 was rated top 10.

Last edited by Oezeo; 08-16-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
Rookie

MU ATO's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
So what's the problem with the money aspect? Managing the salary CAP while putting the best possible team on the field is not supposed to be easy. If what your saying is true maybe EA finally made franchise mode more difficult from the financial aspect which is the way it should be. I don't know about anyone else but in previous editions of Madden I got tired of being able to resign all my key players in the offseason and sign a bunch of top tier free agents while still being within the salary CAP. Its very difficult for teams in real life just to be able to resign 1 or 2 key players without going over the salary CAP and that is the way it should be in Madden too.
Agreed and exactly what I was thinking!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »