Home

Anyone enjoying their franchise

This is a discussion on Anyone enjoying their franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone enjoying their franchise

I can't have fun in a franchise knowing players won't advance progression wise thus ruining any work I put into it by trading or signing a gem to develop over time. Why waste my time if EA can't use theirs more effectively and make a enjoyable crippling bug free game?

I love Madden's gameplay but damn. So many bugs in it just in Franchise, without adding in the online bugs or outright disc freezing.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm in my first season with the Jets (Favre included). I'm 13-3 and in the conference championship game against the Colts. I'm loving every minute of this game. It has been a TRUE CHALLENGE!! I have had zero freezes.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #91
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Falcons Franchise, under 30 club: I am 1-1 with new Falcons with Matt Ryan at QB, did a few big player trades, that I had left, Abraham, Turner, and got some good cheap young players and a few extra picks for draft. Beat lions 27-20, Norwood is my starting HB and 140 yards against them, Ryan was effective and made no mistakes. 2nd game, Ouch, against Bucs, beat me 49- 22, Graham ran 250 yards against me, and Ryan showed his rookie colors with 5 picks. (thats with INT slider at 0, so mostly my bad trying to throw passes i should not since I was behind all game). Bright note he had a 65 yard pass to White for a TD. Next up Chiefs at home, hopefully 2-1???? I love that with my weak defense I cannot hold anyone under 20 points yet, and against a stellar D like Bucs that take advantage of a rookie QB and shut down my run game; and against a weak defense like lions i have a chance. See if Chiefs can run on me and Gonzalez light me up, even though my linebackers a pretty good: Brooking, Spikes, Boley; and see if i can get offense going good again. Will be fun first year.

Update:

Falcons beat Chiefs 35-10, was 10-7 chiefs at halftime. Played Conservative: Ryan only threw 1 INT, and had 3 TD passes, Roddy white has been great so far, had 2 40+ yard TD passes, while Leonard Pope who I picked in trade with Cardinals had another. Norwood had another productive game with around 130 yards rushing. Kept Chief defense to 250 yards total, Larry Johnson had around 75 yards. Can tell huge difference in playing a good defensive and bad defensive teams, too bad i have a bunch of good Defensive teams coming up next: Next is away games at Panthers and Packers, oh boy. Enjoying being over .500 for now,lol.

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 08-19-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #92
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Next Game:

Falcons 17 at Panthers 27

Matt Ryan had another rookie mistake game with 3 INT. Panthers Williams had 75 yards rushing, and I had another great game with Norwood who had 150 yards rushing, including a 80 yard scamper around the right side late in 4th quarter just to get some respect. Norwood is averaging around 120 yards a game in first 4 games, but much tougher defenses coming up. My Falcons Offense of line, which is less than average, has given up around 3 sacks a game on average and leads the league. My young defense in 2nd worst in NFL. All in all pretty realistic and continue to have fun with it, next up Lambeau Field!!!! Oh No!!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 3

how far are you guys? everyones seems to be freezing in the 2nd year, is anyone past that?
Old 08-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm definitely enjoying franchise. It was better a few years ago on the PS2 but the core experience is still pretty good.

I am playing the Titans and am a couple games into the regular season. Signed Chris Henry and he is off to a good start as my #1 receiver. Crumpler is a beast and can always be relied on for a clutch short yardage catch.

Bulluck got injured for the year in pre-season so I turned to the free agents and picked up undrafted rookie Wesley Woodyard who was not the highest rated but was the fastest. The move has paid off so far. When there is a lane open and I'm blitzing, that guy gets to the QB like it's nobody's business.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:13 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatepro56
how far are you guys? everyones seems to be freezing in the 2nd year, is anyone past that?
I'd like to know this as well before I get too into my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »