Home

Anyone enjoying their franchise

This is a discussion on Anyone enjoying their franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #17
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Anyone enjoying their franchise

EA Needs to hire some of the devs from NFL 2K. Seems like, although the current dev is doing their job, they are not being attentive to details while making the game. Gameplay is important!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #18
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

im liking my franchise it has froze on me once but i just played da game over and won im playing on all pro im 4-0 rite now in my colts franchise
Old 08-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #19
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
good to hear! no freezing?
i had it freeze up a couple times in my raiders franchise but after i started taking my time and letting all the screens load completely and not rushing to pick my plays i havent had any problems. my one complaint though is at last count there was 11 QB's averaging 70% or better completions. but the yards and touchdowns seem to be accurate though so i guess i cant really complain. rushing yards are waaay more accurate this year too. no more having 3-4 backs with 2000+ yards at the end of the season.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #20
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

My franchise is going good. Just finished up the Monday night game at cleveland hosting the Giants.

No freezes, nothing crazy with stats found so far. And I am using patched version on the 360.

Twitch Stream
Old 08-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

No freezing here (knocks on wood). My eagles are 6-0 right now, were playing great defense, having some very realistic games in terms of stats. Although I am having a very difficult time getting the run game going, i guess there is a new video on the marketplace with some running tips. Ill be sure to check that out tonite when I get home from work.

BTW I love the new madden iq difficulty settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 11:45 PM   #22
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I haven't put the disc back in since Wednesday. That's when I discovered the following:

1. edit rookies glitch: where if you edit anything on players you draft in off-season they won't progress, so don't change #'s or equipment! This glitch also applies to current players.

2. still can't edit players and then start a new franchise with that roster, any players you edit won't progress.

3. the progression bug/glitch where only a hand full of players progress (mostly QB's/TE's/FB's) and one or two a season regress.

4. the terrible Madden Generated drafts and the over-rated NCAA drafts (which might be a bonus since few of the players will progress)

5. the inability to rebuild w/o relocating.

6. the still terrible and poorly made custom uni and logo options (have you seen that weird honeycomb thing....who would put that on a helmet???).

7. the terrible draft logic. QB's/RB's galore in 1st round, no OT's till 2nd-3rd (even when the 5th QB taken in the 1st is 74 OVR and there's still 88 OVR OT's).

8. the still broken scouting mode (that was hyped on the back of the box last year and it still doesn't work) .

9. and the last killer which would fix almost ALL of the above issues, still can't edit ratings while IN franchise mode. 2K College and Pro hoops have it and it is great. If you think Tim Tebow shouldn't be 90 OVR as a rookie, edit him. If you think the CPU made Crabtree too slow, edit him. If no one is progressing/regressing enough....edit them! What a glorious day it will be when EA adds the in franchise rating editor. Maybe 2K can sell them the code.

ll that being said I am about to try Head Coach which looks AWESOME (bought the guide and got myself prepared before I put the disc in for the 1st time). the BIG and I mean BIG problem I have with Head Coach is I want to PLAY the games and control my guys. I hope Madden 2010 has 1/4 the quality of Head Coach (Donny Moore you're on the clock).
Old 08-17-2008, 12:25 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
i had it freeze up a couple times in my raiders franchise but after i started taking my time and letting all the screens load completely and not rushing to pick my plays i havent had any problems.
You may have something here. I've had lockup problems in NCAA 09 and Head Coach (grr), but now that you mention it whenever the freezes happened i was mashing buttons and trying to do things as fast as possible. hmm
Old 08-17-2008, 12:43 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Good Lord...Ask who is ENJOYING their franchise and people jump in to talk about what they DO NOT enjoy about the game. Anyway...

I'm enjoying my franchise pretty well...Playing with a created cupcake team and using Madden IQ for difficulty is getting decent results. No freezes through 4 franchise games. Really like some of the stadium options for create-a-team. Is the game without its faults? Nope. Still though, I'm having a good time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »