Home

Anyone enjoying their franchise

This is a discussion on Anyone enjoying their franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone enjoying their franchise

I cant say im enjoying franchise this year or last year for that matter its buggy its really not realistic when your team scors 7 points on the texans... wtf no thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #66
Pro

masterkembo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I'm enjoying it, I'm 3-3 right now with the Giants. Every game has been a nail bitter as I have a bad habit of turning the ball over in the red zone.
I'm finding goalline scoring tough - usually get completely stuffed on the run near the goaline. I think most of my rushing td's (6 after 7 games) have come from 10+ yards out!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #67
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkembo
I'm finding goalline scoring tough - usually get completely stuffed on the run near the goaline. I think most of my rushing td's (6 after 7 games) have come from 10+ yards out!
My problems are usually INT's. When the CPU drops seven guys back into zone and I'm in the red zone I probably throw a pick half the time.

I need to start dumping it off to my RB when I recognize a zone in that situation.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-18-2008, 02:42 PM   #68
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
My problems are usually INT's. When the CPU drops seven guys back into zone and I'm in the red zone I probably throw a pick half the time.
This is me too.

I fear passing the ball playing on All-Madden....because I stink at it. But, I'm slowing starting to improve. I was actually happy to see I was sacked 7 times vs Seattle. It meant to me, I was taking the time to go through my progressions. Looking for the open man...vs panicking, and just throwing to the first guy I looked at.

I'm slowing getting better at trusting my O-line, and understanding a sack is better than throwing a pick. All-Madden level with this '09' game seems quite fair and realistic in how it plays IMO. Normally if I've failed to move the ball...or turned it over, it's my fault. And not because of some superhuman thing the cpu did. I'm sure to lose LOTS of games in my franchise...but I'm really enjoying the now "fair" challenge.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:49 PM   #69
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
Just finished my 1st off-season with the 49ers. Grabbed Rey Maualuga to help my 3-4 and Crabtree to help my WR corps. Funny thing happen when preseason starts, both J.Taylor and R.Seymour were released. Well my 3-4 looks a little better going into the season.
Also for high rookie draft, bears grabber T.Tebow and 97 ovr

I noticed that too with R. Seymour and J. Taylor but since i picked up seymour i see why they released him now. He has made ZERO difference on my d line lol. he has like 11 tackles and one crumby sack after 6 games. My dolphins are still struggling in my second season after finishing 5-11 in my first season. After the second patch comes out and fixes the receivers running oob and the quickdraw QB this game is gonna be amazing!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 34

got a fantasy draft going on the 360 and 1 with my Jets on the Wii. So far everything is peachy with both..Im in NFL Bliss at the moment
Old 08-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #71
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

I need to start dumping it off to my RB when I recognize a zone in that situation.
Right there w/ ya...

Thru 5 games I've thrown 11 picks w/ McNabb to 4 TD's. In two games I did throw for over 300 yards, but I've been making that mistake too in the red zone.

The worst cam against the Bears w/ about 40 seconds left where I was around their 35 and down by a FG. I had two timeouts so I was trying for the end-zone to get the win and threw a pic 6 w/ McNabb...game over Bears win 37-27.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranger
I cant say im enjoying franchise this year or last year for that matter its buggy its preally not realistic when your team scors 7 points on the texans... wtf no thanks
Huh? Are you saying you should score more against the Texans?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »