Home

This is NOT true GANGTACKLING (caps)

This is a discussion on This is NOT true GANGTACKLING (caps) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 07:54 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: This is NOT true GANGTACKLING (caps)

I most def agree with tackles still not being very dynamic. There are a couple animations for gang tackles but once the player is stuck in the animation you cant run over and help polish em off. I was playing NCAA today and kinda got irritated because I couldnt add on to the hits. Even some of the single tackle animations once started you cant add on to it with a second defender. I was "aaargh", I would've crushed em if I could have helped out on that one!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdave39

Gang tackling is the counter. The running game in madden this year, is 10X better than anything 2k has put out. 2k's was more of a chance system, madden actually method behind there system.

This coming from a 2k Fanboy since NKL 2k on Dreamcast.
This video begs to differ. Nothing on Madden is this smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJLk...eature=related

and im going to act as if i didnt read "nkl" 2k
Old 08-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #11
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
This video begs to differ. Nothing on Madden is this smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJLk...eature=related

and im going to act as if i didnt read "nkl" 2k
Animations are still nice, but man... that not being able to do anything once the animation starts... primitive. I really don't think I can go back to that. I can handle NCAA, because at least I can still break out of my own moves, but it's tough. Stuck in a tackle animation.

I'm sorry, this tackling system... even if the animations aren't there yet... is by far the most advanced in football gaming history. It took 'em 5 years to beat 2k, but they blew by 'em once they did.

Now they've gotta work on getting 2ks animation quality, work on improving player movement/momentum/inertia, implement the system in the blocking and coverage aspects of the game, and Madden will be where it should be... light years ahead of APF.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 21

I have to respectfully disagree with anyone who thinks the current gang tackling in Madden is anywhere near what AP2K8 has. Yeah, nice attempt/first try but it aint there by a long shot.

I think some of you need to go throw that AP2k8 disk back in. Yall must have forgot.

Also Maddens running game though much improved and I love it, is not better than AP2k8. You can chain moves together in AP2K8 like you can in Madden, plus the breaking tackles system is more intuitive and has a better feel in AP2K8. You can make the same cut backs in AP2k8 that you make in Madden.
The running backs in AP2k8 have distinctive feels, abilities and signature running styles.

I aint saying all that to hype up AP2K8. I am merely trying to get the focus on that fact, that game does everything Madden does and in certain aspects of these features better. Now that Madden finally has tried to implement these features, some are attempting to advertise them as better, LOL.

Videos to come......
Old 08-17-2008, 09:31 AM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

sorry guys. We are not having another 2K vs Madden debate thread. They always end up the same.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »