Home

Solution to running....

This is a discussion on Solution to running.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Solution to running....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
I wanted to share something with you guys that made me laugh. I just scored a TD with Matt Forte using the FB DIVE and here is what Chris Collinsworth had to say.

"You know there are power FB's that can blah blah blah up the middle but this guy is clearly a HB"

Something like that. It's funny how he called the FB a HB. I'll try to post what he exactly said if he says it again.
You can do this all you want BUT YOU WILL NEVER SEE A BACK UP HB PLAY FB IN THE I FORMATION ON SUNDAYS. Your doing it to exploit the game plain and simple its not NFL strategy and its not sim Period!!! I could see you putting Marion Barber at FB an Felix Jones at HB and saying its ok to do that?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #50
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

if the CPUs block shedding werent so hyped up, itd make the running game 10x less frustrating....I dont mind it being hard, just make it fair.....I guess the right hole and all the sudden the DL peels off his block to wrap me up..
Old 08-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
if the CPUs block shedding werent so hyped up, itd make the running game 10x less frustrating....I dont mind it being hard, just make it fair.....I guess the right hole and all the sudden the DL peels off his block to wrap me up..

It could be because your hitting the sprint button. Once you hit the sprint button the Dline disengages there blocks, and that is a KNOWN programing design. Try not hitting the sprint button. If you already dont hit the sprint button well then.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #52
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
If your using custom sliders, you better think about what you have. From what I saw in your video those settings are set to extreme easy. You ran by two defenders without being tackled. I don't think you can do that on All Madden unless your blocking is maxed out or near 100.

No they aren't. The Madden "experts" get frustrating on here sometimes. The Run D is a hair off from All Madden right there.

It was a Power O, yes.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #53
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

For the first time I messed w. sliders and the running game is something I wanted to make stronger for the CPU. Well, on my first wack at it I got Jamal Lewis to rush 19 times for 139 yards against me including a 61 yard TD run.

Derek Anderson was 19-29 passing. This was on 7 minute quarters.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #54
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

I usually only play co-op with my son for my franchise. He has been doing pretty dang well running (i'm actually quite surprised). It would be way funner if I could block for him like you could on the original xbox.

The biggest problem we have is on toss/stretch plays. Any play that your linemen have to pull to one direction to set up blocks spells disaster. Every freaking time non fell someone comes through the hole created by the dline pulling, and no matter how much of a head start he has he gets hammered from behind in the backfield. It's pretty disappointing. I know this stuff happens, but the RB shouldn't be constantly run down from behind like that.

The greatest success play run wise have been the runs that are supposed to go off the very end of the line. No one is pulling in those instances, so if the blocks go well you can really break one off. It's too bad the stretch/pitch plays never work though...very frustrating.

At least screens work (my first year on next gen with football). I wish and end around would work every so often, but they never do either.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 7

Screens do work for the first time ever, which is great.

But single back running is totally broken. I.E. the Colts main running play doesn't work.

The Colts main running play is a stretch to the outside in single back. (they PA off this)

So here is how the play should be run.

Hike, Speed Burst to the Numbers on the outside, then cut forward.

That's how the play is run.

In Madden, you can't do this successfully at all. LBs lay chase too fast. You can't get outside fast enough. The Blockers don't do a good enough job.

I can run. I know how to play the game. I know football.

The game design in running does not allow you to run the single back stretch play successfully. That needs to be addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #56

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
It's a high risk, low reward play. Yes on Madden it is easy to execute,which sucks, but it is still an offensive staple.
If what you said is true no one would have a problem with it...But it's the opposite of what you said...It is low risk (hardly ever getting stopped), high reward (easy first down on any 3rd and short)

You even said it is easy to execute so how can you say it is high risk low reward?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »