Home

Tips for the run game.

This is a discussion on Tips for the run game. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tips for the run game.

I kind of figure this out already. However, the most important thing is not to use turbo until you pass the line of scrimmage. Running is become a lot easier for me. I LOVE THIS GAME.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #10
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

yea u just gotta mix up ur plays ull get it goin also wat level u guys playin on?? im using all pro instead of dat iq crap and i able 2 run da ball pretty well
Old 08-17-2008, 12:35 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

Nice tips, but it's not going to help much. The defensive pursuit is on steroids this year. Trying to run with fundamentals barley works, I'm happy getting 3yrds. running on every run play, if I could, but I can't.

Passing game is the same way. YAC is pretty much none existing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 01:14 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Passing game is the same way. YAC is pretty much none existing.
It's a Madden game.......leave open and magically tackle them!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:26 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 24

Some thing i would like to add to the original poster points-

In addition to knowing your RB- also make sure your using the buttons that relate to him. So a power back- hit A (stiff arm) when your about to get hit. or RS up to truck him and tend to skip spinning or juking alot.

This is obvious- but if you see 8 in the box. Call a quick pass and skip the run play and vice versa.

Know who is on your OL and who is on there DL. Makes alot more sense to run behind that OG, OT with the truck weapons then running to the other side. Also, if Tommy Harris is on one side, run the other.

Pretty much all the points in the thread are going to sound simple as running the ball in theory is just avoiding people, following the blocker and hitting the hole. If you still struggling after reading the thread- use the custom sliders and adjust the run block.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:54 AM   #14
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

yea it is easy 2 say rather than do but if u can get a steady mix of plays ull get decent runs and da play action will help
Old 08-17-2008, 04:01 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

After watching the Market Place video, and reading this tips... WOW.

I've been averaging 2.0 YPC with Maroney through my first six games. But I just beat Denver in a game which I averaged 3.5 through regulation and saw noticeable improvement. The FIRST play of OT? Maroney breaks off a 72 yard, game winning run.

NOT using turbo opens up a sea of computer animations that help you break tacks and shimmy through openings. I saw some sick animations.

I've never actually felt the need to "replay" a 4 yard run before... but this game has some truly beautiful 4 yard runs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 04:47 AM   #16
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Man, my terrible running skills + worthless Bengals running backs = My Skill of two bars on Rookie level. This game is rough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »