Home

Bring Them Back!

This is a discussion on Bring Them Back! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Bring Them Back!

I really miss the old pre-season drills/madden card challenges. I like some of the new ones, but the ones I really like are carry overs with a little change. I miss the Madden Cards and running between dummies as a DB to swat the ball, and learning how to angle my throw so I could hit the gold route in the QB challenge. I just don't know why these were removed...

Most people on my friendslist that I play against, and my friends IRL all liked the old ones. Hell, I'd love to have the Madden Cards come back...I love collecting...And the cards in MLB 2k8 have caused me to pine even more for the challenges and going to the map and travelling around it to complete each level in the MC challenges.

The preseason set up with these was much more fun with these drills, as they didn't repeat like the WR/DB coverage one that just swaps what side of the ball you play on.

I see that guys from EA come here, and I'd ask that you guys include these in next years game. Hell, I'd even PAY for these as DLC...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Bring Them Back!

We still have mini games. 40 yard dash(which I love) Bench press, QB Challenge or 7on7, RB Challenge, Coverage Challenge, Lineman challenge. But we are missing FG and the Pocket presence challenges which I wouldn't mind having both back as well as a special teams challenge.

And you can play these online and post your high score...Which in my opinion is much better than going head to head. I hated playing the RB challenge and a guy would run back and forth.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
Rookie

larma's Arena

Those were awesome. I remember spending hours with friends trying to get gold in everything. The mini-games we have now are fun but it was much more rewarding when you actually earned something. Collecting the cards also added replay, though I never used them but they took me back when I was a kid collecting hockey cards. Would love to see this make a comeback next year.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
We still have mini games. 40 yard dash(which I love) Bench press, QB Challenge or 7on7, RB Challenge, Coverage Challenge, Lineman challenge. But we are missing FG and the Pocket presence challenges which I wouldn't mind having both back as well as a special teams challenge.

And you can play these online and post your high score...Which in my opinion is much better than going head to head. I hated playing the RB challenge and a guy would run back and forth.
I know there are, but the old pre-season drills (IMO) were better...I like some of the new stuff, but I would rather have had them add on instead of removing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larma
Those were awesome. I remember spending hours with friends trying to get gold in everything. The mini-games we have now are fun but it was much more rewarding when you actually earned something. Collecting the cards also added replay, though I never used them but they took me back when I was a kid collecting hockey cards. Would love to see this make a comeback next year.
Yeah, using the Madden Cards wasn't the point, getting them was. And the challenges just gave us such a cool mode, and added a lot of replay (considering these came out before online) and the ability to do something different than franchise or head to head with a friend. I like the Madden Moments (although I don't know why they have last years moments with this years rosters...Kind of makes no sense) but I'd rather have this come back than those, or 'Superstar' mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »