Home

Live Weather

This is a discussion on Live Weather within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #25
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Live Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePPL
Okay I played a Jacksonville game right now and it was sunny again...

Also, I got this car ad so I'm sure I'm online.

This has really nothing to do with the weather, but I was wondering if you are playing 360 or PS3. I haven't seen the car ad. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 6

^ I have the Xbox 360 version. The ad appears on the lower right part of the opening coin flip. It's just a small square and if your console is offline, it shows an ea sports logo by default.

Even if you are connected online with your console, it sometimes still shows the ea sports logo. So I just watched a NFL Network video on Madden and then started a game and a new ad appeared.

So far some ads I had were Rogers (Canadian internet/cable company, HP, and of course the car ad)

Last edited by ThePPL; 08-21-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #27
Rookie

USC-Trojans's Arena

OVR: 3

It's not working for me either.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #28
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePPL
^ I have the Xbox 360 version. The ad appears on the lower right part of the opening coin flip. It's just a small square and if your console is offline, it shows an ea sports logo by default.

Even if you are connected online with your console, it sometimes still shows the ea sports logo. So I just watched a NFL Network video on Madden and then started a game and a new ad appeared.

So far some ads I had were Rogers (Canadian internet/cable company, HP, and of course the car ad)
Cool thanks. Do you also see these with the drive summaries, and stat updates during the game? I have seen a "Snickers" bar on the right side during a stat overlay during the game.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:22 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 6

^ Yeah I did. It's the same ad as the coin flip ad. However, I rarely get the ads now no matter what I do. This may sound stupid, but I actually want to see the real ads because the ea sports one is tiring to look at.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 11

Tested it again today. Hurricane Gustav is clearly causing a lot of rain in Miami, so I started a "Play Now" game in Miami with Live Weather selected - perfectly sunny day was the result.

I'm disappointed this wasn't mentioned in the official patch fixes thread. Clearly there are more important things but it just seems stupid to have a feature that's completely broken and just leave it broken. Why did they even bother putting the option if it doesn't work? Why wasn't it tested prior to release and then removed if they didn't have time to implement it? Are the devs not even aware that this feature is broken?

Last edited by born_bad; 08-31-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #31
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Live weather should be removed anyway. It's a rather pointless feature I think. I'm not playing Madden when the real teams are playing, I'm watching the real game. I mean seriously, does anyone really care if it's *actually* raining in Jacksonville when they happen to play a quick game against the Jags on a Tuesday?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2008, 12:50 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Live weather should be removed anyway. It's a rather pointless feature I think. I'm not playing Madden when the real teams are playing, I'm watching the real game. I mean seriously, does anyone really care if it's *actually* raining in Jacksonville when they happen to play a quick game against the Jags on a Tuesday?
I think it's a nice way to get a variety of weather conditions without having to manually choose something. While I don't really care what the weather somewhere is, it is nice to get something other than clear conditions without having to go in and make choices about how the weather should be.

The point it, why did they bother with the feature at all if it doesn't work? Pretty careless work on their end...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »