Home

Let's be honest here EA

This is a discussion on Let's be honest here EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6
Let's be honest here EA

Granted you people have developers and programmers that work their butts off to put out a decent game out there, and this year's game is decent at best. But there are many key issues with the game that needs to be addressed. Such as the gimmicky Madden IQ (Which is basically like YOU going back to the sliders after playing a game and adjusting it to your hearts desire), the CPU defenders amazingly crashing the line and getting all kinds of sacks, the choppy gameplay and presentation, robot QB, players still running like robots, etc.

It's the minor things that count. I don't wish any of you to lose your jobs, but i'm saying, if EA hired the guys from 2k, they would give you a run for your money. I'm no 2k fanboy at all, but did like the gameplay and it's presentation. I've always been an EA guy myself, waited in line every year like a complete dork in line at Gamestop waiting for the release, always going online pre-Madden release and looking out for what's new. I'm a real fan. You owe people like me a near flawless game. Stop trying to make a half assed game so that you get people like me to keep buying and buying year in year out because we think it'll be the best Madden ever, but failed.

PLEASE DO US A FAVOR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Let's be honest here EA

there's no way this thread is staying open
Old 08-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

Well why not? Is it against the law to give constructive criticism here? I know there's a couple EA devs here and the mods don't want to offend him but come on! This is how we can get quality assurance. Because calling EA doesn't do a damn thing, I know because I did it. I even wrote them! These guys get their idea online, in game forums.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Well why not? Is it against the law to give constructive criticism here?

no, but where just sick of seeing these post. Same old stuff.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
no, but where just sick of seeing these post. Same old stuff.
Well excuse me for being a concerned gamer. It may be the same old stuff, but just like a dog learning new tricks, you keep telling it how to do tricks, eventually he'll learn. Not that i'm using this metaphor as EA devs. Just saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 4

The gameplay is not choppy I don't understand what you are complaining about.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:32 PM   #7
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
The gameplay is not choppy I don't understand what you are complaining about.
Agreed....This year's game is the closest thing to GREAT that we've received and yet you're complaining? Of course there's room for improvement. Of course there's still some minor issues with the game. But what game doesn't have issues? It's great to see that the game turned out this good WITHOUT Ian working on the whole project. Imagine next year! Either way, they should lock this thread...nothing new here.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #8
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Though I agree the presentation needs some work, I'm not quite understanding the hate for the Madden IQ and I've not experience choppy gameplay. Runs smooth as butter on both PS3 and 360 for me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »