Home

POSSIBLE RUNNING DISCOVERY

This is a discussion on POSSIBLE RUNNING DISCOVERY within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: POSSIBLE RUNNING DISCOVERY

sure its a delay bulldog...but re-read it...

im suggesting to try dpad for running....only

analog running works in all aspects of game EXEPT when ure rb (for some reason).

u have much less fine control when running w/ sticks as rb.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #10
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffruby
sure its a delay bulldog...but re-read it...

im suggesting to try dpad for running....only

analog running works in all aspects of game EXEPT when ure rb (for some reason).

u have much less fine control when running w/ sticks as rb.
Oh ok, thanks!

You might have found something here. I will try that after work. I really can't wait to see the difference. But since the next gen, I haven't used the D Pad at all. Hopefully i'll get used to it.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

me too...i hate using the dpad....but go to practice (they let u run around after the play)...and ull see that u can control the rb 100x more accurately w/ dpad. (not happy about this!).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

While it is true that you can still juke, ect. while sprinting, it is less effective and you are less likely to break tackles while sprinting. I have had much more success using the sprint sparingly, it seems to only help in increasing separation from defenders, but not in getting separation, but then I play with the Colts and Addai is no ADP, LT or Bush in the speed department. As long as the defenders are in front of you you're better off not sprinting and working your moves to make them miss and break their tackles. I have noticed the lack of movement, though, but i'll have to try using the D-Pad and see if it helps. I find being patient and reading your blocks is the best way to be sucessful.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 6

Just tried the running in practice and it appears that you are right. The running is not pressure sensitive. This is really odd because even the old madden had different levels of running when using the left stick.

Evening though I do notice it takes a bit too long to start the running with the left stick, I think I'm going to stick with it because the D-pad just feels too uncomfortable to use.

Last edited by ThePPL; 08-16-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:48 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmerilLIVE
but then I play with the Colts and Addai is no ADP, LT or Bush in the speed department.
Exactly. You have to run differently with different players. If I have someone line AD or LT, I want to hit that sprint to get to the edge or get through that hole. I'm starting to feel good about my running, feeling like I am creating fewer errors. And with those guys I am using sprint a great deal. But even with a guy like LJ, who has nice speed but not great speed, I have to run differently. He can't use the sprint to get past guys the way the top speedsters can, so I have to run with him differently. I can still feel effective, but if I try it with him the way I do with them, I'm just giving the CPU an advantage.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #15
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Your right, sprint does work good with the running game doesn't have to be in the secondary. I started a thread on this and added a few more stuff to help people with their running game. Unfortunately it's stuck on page 7.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...en-sprint.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 11:00 PM   #16
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow! Why the hell would EA do that?!? Those missing inbetween, transitional animations are why the animations look so stiff.

And why the hell can't you strafe on defense on the higher difficulty levels?!?

I guess it wouldn't be EA if they didn't take steps backwards with every step forward. I hope all this recent EA/OS communication shows itself in next years game because it's near absent in this year's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »