Home

Drills in Madden... bring back Current Gen

This is a discussion on Drills in Madden... bring back Current Gen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 01:01 AM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Drills in Madden... bring back Current Gen

I just can't get into the bench press and 40 yard dash. Honestly, it's so disconnected from the game itself, I feel like I've been forced into a bad Olympics game.

I thought the LegacyGen drills were awesome. They were fun, and they actually helped you get better at the game. I really wish Tiburon would drop the mini-game drills for 2010 and bring back the Minicamps from Legacy.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 03:16 AM   #2
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Drills in Madden... bring back Current Gen

i agree i loved da mini camp drills b4 u start da season i hope dey bring dat 2 next gen it help progress younger players and rookies u just drafted
Old 08-17-2008, 03:32 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16

I Definitely agree.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:56 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Yea the Last gen drills are fun as heck! I play them all the time on the PS2 Madden 2009.

Bench Press and 40 yard dash? Are you kidding me, that must suck.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah I agree. I didn't even notice they weren't there until today. Also I wish they had some of the college mini games, I think they were pretty cool too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 04:53 AM   #6
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

The 40 yd dash and Bench press are both too much fun. I'm guessing you have a hard time with the 40...many do but its really simple and fun once you get the hang of it. Same for the bench press.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:05 AM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
The 40 yd dash and Bench press are both too much fun. I'm guessing you have a hard time with the 40...many do but its really simple and fun once you get the hang of it. Same for the bench press.
However good/bad I am is irrelevant. I'm pretty good at the bench press (not so much the 40), I still hate it. Simple, repetative motions that have nothing to do with football or with the game.

The minicamps in LegacyGen were directly game play related, fun, and a good way to improve your game. There's just no contest.

I used to wait until the opening day rosters came out to start my franchise, and those gave me something to do. Now I've got basically zero to do besides online, which is dependent on people being on to play, because I refuse to play the general public. My league opponents only.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #8
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
However good/bad I am is irrelevant. I'm pretty good at the bench press (not so much the 40), I still hate it. Simple, repetative motions that have nothing to do with football or with the game.

The minicamps in LegacyGen were directly game play related, fun, and a good way to improve your game. There's just no contest.

I used to wait until the opening day rosters came out to start my franchise, and those gave me something to do. Now I've got basically zero to do besides online, which is dependent on people being on to play, because I refuse to play the general public. My league opponents only.

I'm sorry I just don't see eye to eye with you on this. While I agree that the drills were great. If the new drills were removed and replaced with the last ones then I would be just as sad as you. They are great for the Combine that I would like to see implemented a little better, or when I just want to have a little break from playing games or to pass time.

The One on One drills are challenging which I like. Lineman Challenge I agree is very easy and I don't really care much for it. But QB & RB Challenges are basically the same.

BUT, I agree, bring some of(or all of) the legacy gen drills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »