Home

NFL head coach crossed with Madden?

This is a discussion on NFL head coach crossed with Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 07:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NFL head coach crossed with Madden?

I guess I thought wrong, but I had the impression that Head Coach was supposed to work along with Madden in some ways. Anyway, for franchise players, you folks think it would be a good idea to actually use Head Coach for everything that has to do with Madden franchise and then playing the actual game with the Madden disc? Considering how deep Head Coach is, it would make a great franchise mode for Madden. The two games should be linked some kind of way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 07:27 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: NFL head coach crossed with Madden?

Even with the NCAA draft classes. The classes would draft into Head Coach and get managed from there, then when its time for on field play, you play Madden, ya know.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:33 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

As far as I know you can just import created plays from HC to Madden. I've done that.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I will take the Head Coach draft classes over anything imported any day of the week, they are outstanding. It is awesome that the guy you're taking 1st overall has a back story and you hear about him through the media the whole year long. It is the kind of immersion in franchise mode we've been looking for, I think Madden should copy the idea, to hell with NCAA draft classes.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I will take the Head Coach draft classes over anything imported any day of the week, they are outstanding. It is awesome that the guy you're taking 1st overall has a back story and you hear about him through the media the whole year long. It is the kind of immersion in franchise mode we've been looking for, I think Madden should copy the idea, to hell with NCAA draft classes.
I assume the answer is NO, but I'll ask anyway. Can Head Coach draft classes be used in a Madden franchise?

I just picked up the collectors addition, but haven't played any games yet. Probably won't get much of a chance this week either. Just curious for those of you that have both ... which game are you enjoying more?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I assume the answer is NO, but I'll ask anyway. Can Head Coach draft classes be used in a Madden franchise?
umm no... weird question. It's part of just how Head Coach works. There are 4 careers worth of draft classes, each one has several players that are given storylines and stuff that you hear about throughout the season as you progress toward the draft.

The first draft class you hit, for example, has a quarterback out of Stanford named Jack English who's basically punching his ticket to Canton as soon as he's drafted. You hear about him breaking school records as the season progresses. You hear tidbits about a guy out of NAU who is being ignored by most NFL scouts but could be the steal of the draft. It's really interesting.

Quote:
I just picked up the collectors addition, but haven't played any games yet. Probably won't get much of a chance this week either. Just curious for those of you that have both ... which game are you enjoying more?
Umm... couldn't say. They're like children... I love them both:P

Anyways, unfortunately the only interaction between the two is created plays in Head Coach can be imported into Madden.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
umm no... weird question. It's part of just how Head Coach works. There are 4 careers worth of draft classes, each one has several players that are given storylines and stuff that you hear about throughout the season as you progress toward the draft.

The first draft class you hit, for example, has a quarterback out of Stanford named Jack English who's basically punching his ticket to Canton as soon as he's drafted. You hear about him breaking school records as the season progresses. You hear tidbits about a guy out of NAU who is being ignored by most NFL scouts but could be the steal of the draft. It's really interesting.

Umm... couldn't say. They're like children... I love them both:P

Anyways, unfortunately the only interaction between the two is created plays in Head Coach can be imported into Madden.
Now just picture that type of info and background utilized with whats actually going on in the NCAA game. Cant beat that. All three games linked dynamically. I'm thinking its possible.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Maybe they could just put the depth of Headcoach into Madden? NAH!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »