Home

Ian--- Perfect Pass Blocking

This is a discussion on Ian--- Perfect Pass Blocking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 02:32 AM   #9
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Ian--- Perfect Pass Blocking

I have yet to step into the pocket and not be sacked. I've tried using this with multiple teams and my QB still gets sacked. There's a lot of things that don't work right with 09 and pass protection is one of them. Losing an online game for the first time because of this ticks me off. I hope they address this issue soon.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:06 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
I have yet to step into the pocket and not be sacked. I've tried using this with multiple teams and my QB still gets sacked. There's a lot of things that don't work right with 09 and pass protection is one of them. Losing an online game for the first time because of this ticks me off. I hope they address this issue soon.
Soon as in 2010? Because thats the soonest this specific issue could be resolved. I'm actually really looking forward to hearing about what is going to get put into next years Madden. I do remember TheFuture15 mentioning that OL/DL interaction was one of the things they were going to do some major work on.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:51 AM   #11
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Well there's no competition to learn from so they rely on us to give them advice and suggestions. Personally, I don't care I just want a title that's close to bug free. Madden 09 has too many and I feel like I'm testing for free.

As for the 2010, I'm not sure when they'll start leaking info but there was a thread about something being new already mentioned. Like I said, I don't care for 2010, it's going to be a year before we even see it. Let's hope they fix the problems with 09. I have a franchise and an online reputation to uphold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

The line interaction in NFL 2k5 was fantastic. There was actually a pocket!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #13
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven123
The line interaction in NFL 2k5 was fantastic. There was actually a pocket!
Interesting idea: Whenever there's a good discussion going, let's not bring up 2k every time and get the damn thread locked, plzkthx.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #14
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Interesting idea: Whenever there's a good discussion going, let's not bring up 2k every time and get the damn thread locked, plzkthx.
Agreed. But it is frustrating that this tech was being done 4 years ago and still is not in Madden. I believe that is why running and passing was so fun to do in the 2k games. The pocket is the foundation of football. It creates holes and makes running the ball more fun also.

The run game in Madden is real nice control wise. If the line play was accurate, imagine how good it would be then.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #15
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Agreed. But it is frustrating that this tech was being done 4 years ago and still is not in Madden. I believe that is why running and passing was so fun to do in the 2k games. The pocket is the foundation of football. It creates holes and makes running the ball more fun also.

The run game in Madden is real nice control wise. If the line play was accurate, imagine how good it would be then.
Umm... there aren't pockets on running plays. Except draws.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #16
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Umm... there aren't pockets on running plays. Except draws.
Yeah I know. But I think you get the point regardless. It is the Dline and Olibe interaction is the foundation of football, and makes a video game incredibly fun if done right.

And the draw in 2k5 was a thing of beauty by the way. It was set up perfectly if you passed the ball a lot. The draw in Madden works well too, but it does not execute nearly the same due to the poor line interaction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »