Home

I haven't played a Madden game in 4 years...

This is a discussion on I haven't played a Madden game in 4 years... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
I haven't played a Madden game in 4 years...

... and Madden 09 blew me away. I understand that there are a lot of football purists out there. I also understand that there are people who have played Madden every year. But, to put things in perspective, we have it really good as gamers right now.

I know that Madden has it's fair share of glitches, but it's still an awesome product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: I haven't played a Madden game in 4 years...

I agree,..I don't own the game but I played it last week for an two hours and I was really impressed. The game is really good although you can't tell that by looking at this board and seeing so many people rip the game apart,..LOL!!

But I think it's a solid game,..even with it's the flaws ( and there will always be flaws in any sports video game)

And Madden 10 is going to even better,..EA is finally on the right track. Thank Goodness.

Last edited by swill43507; 08-17-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Having played the PS3 version and the Wii version, I can say EA Sports has really done a great job all around this year. I've enjoyed them both, even though I've had a more entertaining experience with the Wii edition. There's still a lot of work to be done to elevate the game to the upper echelon of football greatness, but I feel this is the best time for video game football in years.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Honestly,..Madden 09,.should have been the game that they came out when XBox 360 first was introduced.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

As much as I like madden '09,I do feel like this is the Madden we should have had 2 years ago, and bring back multiple camera angles next year!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
Honestly,..Madden 09,.should have been the game that they came out when XBox 360 first was introduced.
That I could agree with. The poor QB/WR/OL/DL/DB play would've been more acceptable in '06

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
Yep.

And to TC, OF COURSE you were blown away. Being away for THAT long makes 09 great by default. I know you somewhat pointed this out but just because you've been away for 4 years does not make this a great product.

Madden 09 for the Wii, on the other hand, is pretty dang good! I am baffled as to WHY the 360/PS3 versions are not nearly as refined as the Wii version. The Wii version does have some problems but is, IMO, WAAAAAY better!

Penalties in a very realistic amount, injuries, cpu running, passing, clock management are the first things that come to mind. What happened to the penalties on the 360?PS3?

So, I am overall glad that I have Madden for the Wii (NEVER thought i'd say this) and NFL HC 09 for the 360 is a BLAST so it could be worse.

I just wish Madden for the 360/PS3 were the same as the Wii. The graphics are great on the 360/PS3 and just average at best for the Wii but that's cool with me. I want my realism!

EA is THE definition of one step forward, two steps back.
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Old 08-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
Yep.

And to TC, OF COURSE you were blown away. Being away for THAT long makes 09 great by default. I know you somewhat pointed this out but just because you've been away for 4 years does not make this a great product.

Madden 09 for the Wii, on the other hand, is pretty dang good! I am baffled as to WHY the 360/PS3 versions are not nearly as refined as the Wii version. The Wii version does have some problems but is, IMO, WAAAAAY better!

Penalties in a very realistic amount, injuries, cpu running, passing, clock management are the first things that come to mind. What happened to the penalties on the 360?PS3?

So, I am overall glad that I have Madden for the Wii (NEVER thought i'd say this) and NFL HC 09 for the 360 is a BLAST so it could be worse.

I just wish Madden for the 360/PS3 were the same as the Wii. The graphics are great on the 360/PS3 and just average at best for the Wii but that's cool with me. I want my realism!

EA is THE definition of one step forward, two steps back.
You are right about the Wii version. The Xbox1 version is heaven...

Talk about realism...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »