Home

Work Around for Player Progression

This is a discussion on Work Around for Player Progression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 11:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Work Around for Player Progression

Yeah, but i've simmed a season, not edited anything, and those players don't progress either. The progression system is so not working correctly, very few players actually progress even if nothing has been edited.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

To be honest, I'd rather have jacked up, skewed, pre-determined, non-sensical progression/regression with an edited player than knowing that, as it currently stands, nothing different will occur with that player for the duration of his career.

One thing I haven't tried is manually training an edited player in Franchise mode. Maybe that will "wake up" the progression engine...or maybe even training won't work...maybe I'll try that later. Unless someone else does first...(hint, hint) LoL
Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 PM   #11
Rookie

SirRoyal's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Rebirth
To be honest, I'd rather have jacked up, skewed, pre-determined, non-sensical progression/regression with an edited player than knowing that, as it currently stands, nothing different will occur with that player for the duration of his career.

One thing I haven't tried is manually training an edited player in Franchise mode. Maybe that will "wake up" the progression engine...or maybe even training won't work...maybe I'll try that later. Unless someone else does first...(hint, hint) LoL
I just tried that and the verdict is, It does not wake them up or fix anything.

I think I'll just play Head Coach until this is fixed. I am so demoralized about Madden right now.

Last edited by SirRoyal; 08-18-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 12:20 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRoyal
I just tried that and the verdict is, It does not wake them up or fix anything.

I think I'll just play Head Coach until this is fixed. I am so demoralized about Madden right now.

Trust me, I feel your pain. All I play are the Franchise/Dynasty modes...What system are you playing on btw?
Old 08-18-2008, 07:29 AM   #13
Rookie

SirRoyal's Arena

OVR: 2

360. Franchise is the only thing I ever play on Madden, and as it stands right now it's about unplayable.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I think the only way we are gonna know anything about progression is to hear from one of the devs on this.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I think the only way we are gonna know anything about progression is to hear from one of the devs on this.
Man I've tried everything, I put it in the bug list and went into detail, and i've PM'ed IAN. Hopefully we get a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

I hope there's a patch too or I won't be buying the game. I'm like a lot of you, I only play Madden for franchise mode. This was the first year I didn't get the game on release date because of last year's fiasco, I wanted to wait till some honest reviews came in. I'll just keep playing NCAA. Aside from some of the gameplay annoyances, I'm having fun with my Dynasty and at least my player's will progress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »