Home

Any update on Patch #2? Sorry if already posted.

This is a discussion on Any update on Patch #2? Sorry if already posted. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Any update on Patch #2? Sorry if already posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRoyal
If they don't fix the progression/edit bug I am done with Madden. Franchise is all I play and I'm sick of the unplayable bugs in it.
This for me too. NCAA will have good enough gameplay after Patch2, so all this great Madden gameplay won't mean anything to me if progression/regression/draft logic/FA logic, etc. remain broken.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #34
Rookie

eman6789's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Dude they are creating the patch from consumer feedback. How are they supposed to fix what we want fixed before we even play the damn game! Be happy they are listening to us or else you would be stuck with the game as it was....
perhaps they could have tried testing the game while they were still developing it
Old 08-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman6789
perhaps they could have tried testing the game while they were still developing it
Test driven development... EA would not want to bring out that kind of work. (TDD is writing your tests before you even implement the code)

I am trying to practice restraint when it comes to gaming as of late. There seems to be this weird concept that graphics are everything. If a game takes a graphics hit for gameplay and all its parts functioning, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Now for me to enjoy a sports game I have to go to a pro sport (basketball) that I care nothing for (college basketball is another story).

Been watching these boards for a few years now and they get me hyped then I buy the game and am disappointed.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me....

Unfortunately EA has been fooling us for the past 8-10 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint

Really?! Wow.

So there wasn't a single Madden on PS2/Xbox that you enjoyed?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 08-18-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #37
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Well for me if they do make a patch 2 they MUST fix the robo qb.

I am so tired of the cpu completing 90-99% of their passes.....its getting to the point of me losing interest in the game after only 1 week.

And while their at it...an improved running game on both sides of the ball would be nice too.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Really?! Wow.

So there wasn't a single Madden on either PS2/Xbox that you enjoyed?
NCAA yes 2004

I will say I enjoyed madden but more so for the fact that is what everyone plays in college. well that and some street fighter here and there.

I enjoyed NCAA more till 2005 madden I enjoyed till I started finding myself privy to all the bugs and glithces of each games.
2006 xbox360..... 2007 xbox360 ..... 2008 xbox360
all 3 have been a let down. (I owned none of them more than 1 month)

My ideal football game has good line interaction (this is based on the fact I played Oline and feel that the game starts and ends with the offensive line and defensive line). Most of the issues with the AI would be a mute point if you make there be the existence of a pocket and line penetration.

Maybe also make it so the the defense has cone vision as well.
example:
An elite LB will have a better cone of vision than an ok or good lb so he would be more apt to make plays on his vision cone. If a ball is thrown behind him, he should not be able to react unless he visibly turns his head.

So basically all I want is non bionic defense and good line interaction and I am a happy camper.

Maybe I am asking for too much.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #39
Banned

I sincerely doubt there will even be a second patch, or at least one that will actually improve upon the game and it's features. Particularly things that are not superficial.

Look no further then last year following the release of Madden 08' as a good indication of things not to come.

Regardless, if there's to be a patch, then I imagine it will be called something different than "patch" #2. More along the lines of, Madden 2010.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #40
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint

Fooling you not us. I actually like the game.

I will agree that progression is a bit odd in 09 but I would rather have a few players gaining a few points of progression every season than the progression of the past which would fill my team up with tons of players rated in the 90s.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »