Home

Defensive Position you Play - and why

This is a discussion on Defensive Position you Play - and why within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3
Defensive Position you Play - and why

I often play as a corner in Madden and NCAA. This year is no different. I really enjoy playing corner, but, after a lot of practice and time put into it...it can become boring. Simply b/c the CPU never throws your way and you don't get much action.

So, I am considering a position change, but, I can't find something I really enjoy. I was wondering what all of you here at OS/DSM play.

I tried to play as a DE and I did ok - but - the controls felt stiff and trying to fight off a offensive lineman felt futile b/c I felt like I was sucked/vacuumed into him.

I have tried safety...similar to CB but you get more involved in run support and play more zone.

Linebacker seems cool, have not tried it yet. Anyway, just wondering what the others in the community play as when they are on D.

Leaf
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 11:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Defensive Position you Play - and why

Nice thread man. I've always been curious to see where people play. People I played against always play the MLB or the DT sometimes DE. I've always manned the LOLB or the FS spot. I've always loved the blitzing LB spot and I favor the FS spot since that was the position I had the most fun at playing(though I played CB when I played ball)

I like you have been playing other positions such as DE and MLB and SS. CB seems to be too hard for me. Maybe cuz I use Man coverage and as the FS I cover the routes I can see but maybe with the new camera the CB would be easier to play.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:01 AM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Defensive end, because I suck.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:08 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 55

I play as whoever covers the middle of the field. This is where most the action goes on.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Safety and cornerback. I used to play MLB and DE. MLB was decent but DE was useless for me. This year I find playing CB to be pretty responsive. I actually can make plays and get interceptions. It reminds me some of the control I had as a cornerback in the 2K series. Now if I could control and make plays with the MLb in Madden 09 the way I could in ESPN football that would be perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 12:11 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I play as whoever covers the middle of the field. This is where most the action goes on.
This, exactly.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been playing MLB since Madden came out. It has the most action beside safety and carries a lot of responsibility. I struggle against the run sometime so I switch to safety to help out.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:19 AM   #8
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I used to play as the most aware LB/S, because as the theory goes, the most aware player is more likely to be playing at human like awareness by himself anyway, so it gives me less of an advantage. If I controlled a dumb player, it would be somewhat unfair for the CPU, as it would be like I just added a new very aware player to the defense.

But it's more team specific now. Haynesworth is fun and challenging as the Titans. LB and S is pretty challenging too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »