Home

Does the CPU ever sub their HBs??

This is a discussion on Does the CPU ever sub their HBs?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #25
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Does the CPU ever sub their HBs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Here is what I do:

1) I select a game and play a game.
2) After the kickoff, I go to SETTINGS, CONTROLLER SELECT and either switch my controller or move a second controller to the cpu's team.
3) I use the second controller to make subs for the teams and call timeouts to give me more time to make substitutions (Teams like Dallas who use a ton of subs may take more than 2 timeouts to get it right)
4) Once I'm done making subs, I run one play to make sure the subs stick.
5) I quit the game and restart the game.

As you will see, the CPU subs will be saved and they will remain the same throughout the season.
Too much work man.

This is ********.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 07:19 PM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

just finished a game against Arizona where E.James had 23 carries and Hightower had 7. Their FB had one carry.

My settings are HB out at 80 in at 89 right now.

Still not sure if the D subs though. Will look next game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Too much work man.

This is ********.

Honestly, Its not much different than setting formations subs in current gen Madden for your entire league. People like me who like the game to be realistic as possible this was a godsend. I hate that when I play the Chargers, Merriman never plays DE in a Nickel and Dime formation. Same with Dallas and Ware. I hate that on default the starting RBs on every team gets damn near every carry even with 99/100 fatigue. With this method, all of those issues are fixed

Plus you only have to do it once and it took me maybe 45 min to do the whole league. Its worth it to me if you want realism.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
just finished a game against Arizona where E.James had 23 carries and Hightower had 7. Their FB had one carry.

My settings are HB out at 80 in at 89 right now.

Still not sure if the D subs though. Will look next game.

Those RB results arent consistent and thats the problem. Ive had games where Ive seen 8-9 penalties called but in most games I'm lucky to see one. Also, Ive never seen the D sub in the 2 weeks Ive had the game
Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Those RB results arent consistent and thats the problem. Ive had games where Ive seen 8-9 penalties called but in most games I'm lucky to see one. Also, Ive never seen the D sub in the 2 weeks Ive had the game
This is the first game that I upped the sub sliders so we'll see if its consistent. I just upped the defensive sub sliders so I'll let you know, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:35 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
This is the first game that I upped the sub sliders so we'll see if its consistent. I just upped the defensive sub sliders so I'll let you know, but I'm not holding my breath.

Please do cause I'm not seeing it. At the most Ive seen a backup get 5 carries and thats with 10 min quarters. Thanks man.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #31
Banned

celtic78's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
No you don't need to control all 32 teams, just one. So I play as the Browns but I like to super sim/play offense on occasion with other teams. So I will supersim a game and user control one of the teams. During the game I will make substitions in certain play packages. It seems as though that after you make these changes they stay permanent for the season. However, I have only done this with running backs.

I suggest you super sim a game against the team you will play next week and make some major changes... when you then play the team the next week you should see the changes.
hey so you when youre in the franchise menu, u can supersim any of the games, even if theyre not one of teams involved in the game? i dont have my game near me so i cant try this out, but its good to know....how long does it usually take? im guessing i could go into every teams game on the giants schedule in week 1 and do it just once at the beginning of the season? sorry for all the questions....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Please do cause I'm not seeing it. At the most Ive seen a backup get 5 carries and thats with 10 min quarters. Thanks man.
no problem.

I just played the first quarter against the Saints and Mcallister had 5 carries for 23 yds and Bush had 2 carries, but both of his were on 3rd down plays. I did however, see the icons of my players change colors in the play calling screen. Miller and Walker both went to Yellow but then the drive ended. RB's its hard for me to tell because I constantly swap them.

Still nothing on the defense. The Saints put together a drive in the first quarter that lasted 5 minutes and not one of my defensive players icons changed to yellow during the drive. So it goes without saying, no one subbed out.

I play 12 minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »