Home

Does the CPU ever sub their HBs??

This is a discussion on Does the CPU ever sub their HBs?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: Does the CPU ever sub their HBs??

Okay, choose any game you want and choose the supersim option. Then play as one of the side and go in and make the formation changes that you want (eg running backs). The switch your con troller to the other team and do the same thing. Once you have set the running backs for each formation then supersim the rest of the game and exit and save. The formation subs will stay the same throughout the year.

Yes, it's a lot of work but I only do it for the teams that I like or the teams (eg Saints) who play a two back system.

Good luck!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
no problem.

I just played the first quarter against the Saints and Mcallister had 5 carries for 23 yds and Bush had 2 carries, but both of his were on 3rd down plays. I did however, see the icons of my players change colors in the play calling screen. Miller and Walker both went to Yellow but then the drive ended. RB's its hard for me to tell because I constantly swap them.

Still nothing on the defense. The Saints put together a drive in the first quarter that lasted 5 minutes and not one of my defensive players icons changed to yellow during the drive. So it goes without saying, no one subbed out.

I play 12 minute quarters.
Yeah, NO wont work because Bush is the 3rd down RB. He's going to get touches because of that.

The best way to check this is to play a game w/ or against San Diego. LT is their starting RB and 3rd down RB. If you see the backup get a few carries (5+) then you may be on to something.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Here is what I do:

1) I select a game and play a game.
2) After the kickoff, I go to SETTINGS, CONTROLLER SELECT and either switch my controller or move a second controller to the cpu's team.
3) I use the second controller to make subs for the teams and call timeouts to give me more time to make substitutions (Teams like Dallas who use a ton of subs may take more than 2 timeouts to get it right)
4) Once I'm done making subs, I run one play to make sure the subs stick.
5) I quit the game and restart the game.

As you will see, the CPU subs will be saved and they will remain the same throughout the season.
So you quit the game after you make all the changes and sim it the regular way? So in the end you have no effect on the outcome of the game, wich is good. Am I following?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 08:52 PM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Yeah, NO wont work because Bush is the 3rd down RB. He's going to get touches because of that.

The best way to check this is to play a game w/ or against San Diego. LT is their starting RB and 3rd down RB. If you see the backup get a few carries (5+) then you may be on to something.
Yeah, I realized Bush was the 3rd down back, thats why I made the reference that all his carries were on 3rd down. The one thing I can say is going back to the game against ARZ, James is the starting 3rd down back for them as well, so thats at least something, but not nearly enough of a sample to say.

I am starting a game against SD. I'll report back shortly.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-18-2008, 09:08 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
So you quit the game after you make all the changes and sim it the regular way? So in the end you have no effect on the outcome of the game, wich is good. Am I following?
Exactly. I quit the game and start it over.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:22 AM   #38
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Honestly, Its not much different than setting formations subs in current gen Madden for your entire league. People like me who like the game to be realistic as possible this was a godsend. I hate that when I play the Chargers, Merriman never plays DE in a Nickel and Dime formation. Same with Dallas and Ware. I hate that on default the starting RBs on every team gets damn near every carry even with 99/100 fatigue. With this method, all of those issues are fixed

Plus you only have to do it once and it took me maybe 45 min to do the whole league. Its worth it to me if you want realism.
Is it possible for someone to do all of these formation subs for all teams and then save it as a roster file or profile? Would the subs keep/stay in place if that was done?

Just wondering.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Is it possible for someone to do all of these formation subs for all teams and then save it as a roster file or profile? Would the subs keep/stay in place if that was done?

Just wondering.

I think someone could save it as a franchise file but I dont know if a roster file would work. Ive never checked to see if the changes save in play now mode.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #40
Banned

celtic78's Arena

OVR: 5

where do u make the subs? in the depth chart screen? i dont see anything about formation subs.....unless maybe cuz im doing it in preseason.....im still confused...any other info is appreciated....thanks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »