Home

I just rushed for 130yds... the monkeys off my back

This is a discussion on I just rushed for 130yds... the monkeys off my back within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: I just rushed for 130yds... the monkeys off my back

lol i haven't gotten over 100 yet. i got 91 on the game i played earlier! was so mad! i was 9 yards away grrrr!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
If Madden's running game is to mirror the NFL and we use the Eagles or Chargers in a 16 game season, we should reach 100 yards or better only 6 times.

Both LT and Westbrook, 2 of the best backs in the NFL behind two really good offensive lines, reached the century mark just 6 times.

Of course, LT almost reached 200 against the Raiders.
dude always has an amazing game against the Raiders! i swear, everytime they play the Raiders he always has to throw a TD on them too :/
Old 08-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
Pro

I have had over a hundred yards three times but not with one back. I use green bay and really share the carries between Grant, Jackson, and Wynn. Different situations and lots of different plays so I use different looks. I've had more success with Jackson than the rest though Grant is by far the best rated.

I'm having fun with it, its just really tough as my custom sliders are maxed out in all but pass d witch is up to all-pro now and raising, my games are brutally tough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #12
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

i have run defense maxed out to be the hardest and i rarely have an opponent get higher than 2.5 YPC.... i just wish the cpu would run better against me so i would actually have to worry about it and not be able to be in dime or nickel the whole time..... i'm afraid if i bump my sliders to allow me to rush any better it would be an unfair advantage....

Last edited by Outkizast; 08-18-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #13
Rookie

The House's Arena

OVR: 5

Congrats man. I just accomplished the same thing. Funny enough, it came after I got rid of Lynch and traded him for Forte. That guy is a beast!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:04 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Gratz!

Now bump the difficulty up to PRO and do it again!

Ha you are so funny, man that was pure comedy. That was brilliant how u took what i said concentrated on how to make it negative and came up with such a powerful statement. You really zinged me too wow. how do u say it? "owned", is that it? yea there we go.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:06 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotatohead5
I have had over a hundred yards three times but not with one back. I use green bay and really share the carries between Grant, Jackson, and Wynn. Different situations and lots of different plays so I use different looks. I've had more success with Jackson than the rest though Grant is by far the best rated.

I'm having fun with it, its just really tough as my custom sliders are maxed out in all but pass d witch is up to all-pro now and raising, my games are brutally tough.

Kudos to you, because the defenders already hit the hole before the FB does lol, and to get a total of 100 with maxed sliders is serious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 10:11 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 22

Combinations, its the key..its like Virtua Figthter 5, Dead or Alive..it requires some nicely timed combo's to pop off some good runs but when you do..oh does it feel soooo good and rewarding..i think the running engine is nice this year.. its giving me that old NFL2k5 feeling again..

Using Slide Protection in the mix helps a great deal as well...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »