Home

What do you think of the soundtrack?

This is a discussion on What do you think of the soundtrack? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you think of the ST?
Love it 32 40.51%
Hate it 21 26.58%
It's okay 26 32.91%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2008, 09:52 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What do you think of the soundtrack?

I hate the game and really like the soundtrack. I like that they put some hip-hop songs on. The Linkin Park/Busta Rhymes song is fire, as is "Home" from Gym Class Heroes' new album.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #26
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I'd use NFL Head Coach 09's soundtrack though.
Whats on that soundtrack?

Old 08-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #27
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I hate the fact that they censored the Disturbed and Trivium songs for no reason. With the Disturbed, they edited out the word LIFE. Seriously? Life? Why the heck does that possibly need censored?

I guess it doesn't matter though, I'll probably have all the music turned off by the end of next month anyway.
I don't get that ethier. They go beyond radio edit. Thats taking it too far with editing.

Are people actually gonna sue EA for something that they hear at public events and in there cars?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #28
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3

I also turn off all music except the NFL Films, Sam Spence stuff. Adds to the atmosphere much more then the generic rock and rap stuff, for me anyway.

Now I wish they would incorporate the custom ingame music feature from NCAA 09!!! Where is that???!!!

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah I usually just turn off all the rock music and play the nfl films music, both the regular ones and the remixes.
3.Paul Pierce
4.Chris Paul
5.Tim Duncan

Old 08-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 16

Heh. I keep everything but the heavier emo-like rock tunes that the guys feel the need to grunt and scream to. I get it, you've got balls down there. Rock on homie. Thanks, Tiburon for the option.

Overall it's a good soundtrack. Great mix of stuff for everyone's ear - unless of course you're really into Country. HOWEVER - one GLARING omission is the inability to turn OFF the music during Practice Mode. As of now, your only option is to adjust the Volume Control all the way down...just remember to bring it back up if you want to hear music in the menus.

Maybe it's me showing my age, but I enjoyed Practice Mode when it was quiet, just the sounds of the men out there - and I could focus on the zen of learning my plays. Those were the days.

-SeventhWard

P.S. - Get that option into Patch #2?
Old 08-20-2008, 03:47 PM   #31
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by windseer90
I turn off the hip-hop, and I'm all set. I like a lot of the rock songs. The Offspring, Disturbed, Trivium, From First to Last, In Flames, Airbourne, Underoath... Also the Rev Theory song. Probably my favorite Madden soundtrack yet. Oh, and I'm almost an 18-year-old white male.
I leave all of it. I don't really like the rap on there though. FFTL, Underoath, and Linkin park are my favs on this sound track. I've never liked disturbed. btw I'm the rare black male that likes rock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #32
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I turn off all the 3 chord teenage crap bands and use only the Sam Spence NFL music.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »