Home

Does robo QB ruin the single-player experience for you?

This is a discussion on Does robo QB ruin the single-player experience for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Does robo QB ruin the single-player experience for you?
yes 180 55.56%
no 144 44.44%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2008, 10:51 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Does robo QB ruin the single-player experience for you?

I literally feel sick when I play this game. And I think it actually does have to do with Robo QB. I try everything, and nothin' can even come close to rattlin' the QB. My stomach just starts to turn. Not to mention the runnin' game, or lack there of. Oh, and the horrible colors. Oh, and the stale crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 12:16 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
Thank you!

People can say that it doesnt bother them all day. And thats totally fine, but please stop acting like its not there. As posted before even the devs admit it.

If not patched. I cant see getting to enthralled in this game.
Its not there if you mess with the sliders, plain and simple. If you choose not to do this, thats your problem.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:25 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Robo QB is more of a severe frustration for me than a total game killer. Although I just played as the Jets vs Eagles and McNabb was sick, I think only 2 incomplete passes. One was out of bounds the other was a drop. At the end of the game it was 10-3 them. I drove down in a 2 minute drill to score to tie it up with 21 seconds left. Kicked off and then played in dollar and quarter trying to get as many people in coverage as possible since even if I blitz and get pressure the Robo QB will still get rid of he ball for a completion. So with 21 seconds McNabb drove the length of the field to score a TD I lose....

This was even after I stopped using the My SKill setting and set the sliders up to have a better pass D. Also the whole My Skill seemed great at first but then it changes after every game so if you played a cupcake team now your next game is more difficult than it should be. I thought it would be based off your profiles overall tendancies but apparently not. Thus it is flawed as well.

However I will say that at least most of my games played under my skill were all close where as in previous Maddens I could destroy the CPU all the time even on All-Madden. Now if I could only get that result with things being realistic.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:41 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 31

I like the challenge of trying to stop the pass. It is better to have robo QB than to have inept QB. I am still getting way to many interceptions. I get about 3 a game.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx King James 23 xX
i had brody croyle complete 82% of his passes. the only incompletions he had were 2 INTs and 3 passes were thrown out of bounds. its seriously frustrating.
lol I hear ya, I got demolished by Brodie Croyle too & I wasn't too happy w/that. I wouldn't say it totally ruined single player for me but, it does take a lot of the fun when you have an unproven QB lighting you up like last year's Christmas tree...
Old 08-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #30
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

To me..."Robo QB" is certainly there. But it does seem to vary around in it's effectiveness.

Sometimes on All-Madden I get lit up...while at times not too bad.

I'm hoping patch #2 does address this issue. But in the meantime, it's not "ruining" my franchise.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:00 AM   #31
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

i dont know i have had the cpu miss plenty of targets with the right pressure and defense...majority of the time there are no real long passes so i know its either gonna be toward the sideline or the middle..Definitely not a game killer i really like this game..this coming from a 2k fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 01:12 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardofspock
Its not there if you mess with the sliders, plain and simple. If you choose not to do this, thats your problem.

I have tried every slider combination possible. Nothing truly fixes it. You really think all these people complaining havent done that???

Nothing will stop the CPU qb from gunning the ball perfectly the instant they sense pressure or the instant a reciever gets a step on a DB. Its not so much that you cant ever stop it, but the shear fact that the qb's are throwing the ball like this is unrealstic as heck.

IMO it hurst more than offense. Pass blitzing is useless and defensive strategy is out the window. Defense in this game becomes a boring battle of "Stop the lazer arm QB".
Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »